PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red/yellow button below microSD slot?

Hey guys, so my HD2 had a stuck button for some reason and T-Mo sent me a replacement. I noticed that the replacement has a yellow button right below the microSD slot in the back whereas my original one had a red button in that spot. I'm not sure what this is, doesn't seem to do anything.

What color button do you guys have? Any idea what it does or even if it's supposed be an actual button?

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro by HTC
Carrier: Sprint

monorail1126 is a n00b
Re: Red/yellow button below microSD slot?

got a yellow button. have you figured out what it's for?
Old 04-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

No clue.. I have one with a red button and one with a yellow button. They don't seem to do anything afaik. Maybe someone else has an idea what they're for.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i always thought that was to soft reset the phone like on the imagio
Old 04-23-2010, 01:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
Ding, Ding, Ding!!! We have a winner!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 04-23-2010, 04:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
I thought so too but neither of my HD2s do anything when it's pushed? I can definitely feel it being pushed in, but maybe it needs to be pushed in further...
Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 AM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Definitely a soft reset button. For some reason they made some phones with a red button but now are making them with yellow. It doesn't mean its a refurb as all the new ones I sell aer now yellow buttoned.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

mines yellow too. what are those 2 metallic nubs on either side of the battery? they have contact spots on the inside of the battery door too. sooo intrigueing lol...

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 04-23-2010, 12:15 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Mines red. Is this perhaps an indicator of a refurb? Mines original...

Old 04-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
Definitely a soft reset button. For some reason they made some phones with a red button but now are making them with yellow. It doesn't mean its a refurb as all the new ones I sell aer now yellow buttoned.
Makes sense to me, except the button doesn't do anything.. Can anyone confirm that they can actually get theirs to soft reset using this button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Mines red. Is this perhaps an indicator of a refurb? Mines original...
I think the first batch had red buttons and they eventually got changed. I got mine on launch day at 10am and that one was red, the replacement they sent me was yellow. But they both had IDENTICAL software/radio etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2