PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

steve austin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation SMS, MMS Quirks and Problems - Tmous

I am really trying to enjoy this phone. I see so many people happy and complaint free, but I seem to be one of the many odd men out. If anyone knows how to correct these issues or where the tweak is I would be very appreciative.

1. SMS, MMS don't get sent:

This is the first phone that I have had that if you loose a signal the message will stay in the phone. It does not automatically get sent once a signal is found. How do I get it to try and resend on its own?

2. All MMS messages have to be viewed in landscape:

It does not matter if a picture is attached or not the phone ALWAYS downloads a message. Even if the message just has links to articles someone sends me I have to wait 10-15 seconds to view it. It comes as an attachment. How do i stop this from happening?

3. CC: & BCC: Fields Gone:

What the heck happened to these recipient fields?!?!? Most of my time is spent on this phone sending messages. Especially for work. Is there a setting that I am missing to these fields are active. This would be a major setback to me if not.

4. MMS Picture size problem:

I have searched and i can't tell if T-mo hd2's are experiencing the same problem as the European counterparts are with regards to pictures. I know some of the ones I receive are small, but I am not sure if that is because my screen is so big. If it is a problem that both phones share will the mms fix that is floating around fix ours too?

Thank you to anyone who can shed light on these things.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2 US TMO
Carrier: Magenta

Nibbley15 is becoming a great contributor
Re: SMS, MMS Quirks and Problems - Tmous

[QUOTE=steve austin;1711803]I am really trying to enjoy this phone. I see so many people happy and complaint free, but I seem to be one of the many odd men out. If anyone knows how to correct these issues or where the tweak is I would be very appreciative.

This is the first phone that I have had that if you loose a signal the message will stay in the phone. It does not automatically get sent once a signal is found. How do I get it to try and resend on its own?

Click the message with the exclimation point and you will see the option "retry send"

It does not matter if a picture is attached or not the phone ALWAYS downloads a message. Even if the message just has links to articles someone sends me I have to wait 10-15 seconds to view it. It comes as an attachment. How do i stop this from happening?

Not sure on this one, I'm using a custom ROM and I don't have this issue..

What the heck happened to these recipient fields?!?!? Most of my time is spent on this phone sending messages. Especially for work. Is there a setting that I am missing to these fields are active. This would be a major setback to me if not.

It's there, just click and hold on the screen and slide down... it's above the "To and From lines"

I have searched and i can't tell if T-mo hd2's are experiencing the same problem as the European counterparts are with regards to pictures. I know some of the ones I receive are small, but I am not sure if that is because my screen is so big. If it is a problem that both phones share will the mms fix that is floating around fix ours too?

Not sure what you mean by this one... please clarify.

Hope this helps
Old 04-21-2010, 08:19 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

There are 2 threads about the mms size issues within this forum. Check those out as both have fixes for different issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

[QUOTE=Nibbley15;1711908]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve austin View Post
I am really trying to enjoy this phone. I see so many people happy and complaint free, but I seem to be one of the many odd men out. If anyone knows how to correct these issues or where the tweak is I would be very appreciative.

Click the message with the exclimation point and you will see the option "retry send"

Not sure on this one, I'm using a custom ROM and I don't have this issue..

It's there, just click and hold on the screen and slide down... it's above the "To and From lines"

Not sure what you mean by this one... please clarify.

Hope this helps
1. Trust me, I am familiar with that option. I wa hoping that they did not put it there as the sole way to make sure you can resend a message. I hope there is a tweak for this. I rapid fire of text and e-mails on the subway. i am alread weary of checking through seeing which messages still have n "!" next to them.

2. I am not comfortable enough yet with the stock ROM to know what to look for in a cooked ROM. With that being said, I have never seen a phone, by defaut, have such assbackwards functionality.

3. Nope. Its a no go for me. I have been at it for 20 minutes. There is nothing there. It is just extra grey screen.

4. I have seen the fixes on this board and xda developers. The problem is there are too many mixed answeres. Some say the fixes work. Some don't. some say don't usse the fixes becasue they are not from t-mobile. I just want the thing to work properly without going on a scavenger hunt everyday.

Thank you for your help.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2 US TMO
Carrier: Magenta

Nibbley15 is becoming a great contributor

Hello Steve,
I'm not going to blast ya here because I smacked my head on the wall my self looking for answers only to see "please search the threads". So I do feel your frustrations. With that being said I'll answer this best I can:
1. I feel for ya on the rapid fire of texts, wish I had a better work around for you, I would have to write custom code and bake it into a ROM for that to happen.
2. The functionality is what the Retailer asks for... For example WI-FI router MP3 trimmer etc not on T-Mo US, and other games & options on US (Transformers) not on LEO 512. That's why cooks make a ROM to tweek things out to our liking, and those that do publish try to "fit the masses" with annoyances removed and smoothed out. So going with a cooked ROM has it's good points and bad, just depends on if you can live with what was put on there by the Retailer....
3. I never checked for that option before my cooked ROM so not sure if there is a registry tweak to have it "appear".
4. Not sure if you are viewing them through Sense or picture media... Look at the size of the picture file, if it is around 2-4KB then it's probably pretty tiny, to be full size on your screen it should be around 100-200 KB. I could be off on this one and I'm sure I'll be corected soon.
Good luck on your adventure, if you decide to get brave enough to burn a ROM there are lots of cooks out there willing to build or have built something close to your needs.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbley15 View Post
Hello Steve,
I'm not going to blast ya here because I smacked my head on the wall my self looking for answers only to see "please search the threads". So I do feel your frustrations. With that being said I'll answer this best I can:
1. I feel for ya on the rapid fire of texts, wish I had a better work around for you, I would have to write custom code and bake it into a ROM for that to happen.
2. The functionality is what the Retailer asks for... For example WI-FI router MP3 trimmer etc not on T-Mo US, and other games & options on US (Transformers) not on LEO 512. That's why cooks make a ROM to tweek things out to our liking, and those that do publish try to "fit the masses" with annoyances removed and smoothed out. So going with a cooked ROM has it's good points and bad, just depends on if you can live with what was put on there by the Retailer....
3. I never checked for that option before my cooked ROM so not sure if there is a registry tweak to have it "appear".
4. Not sure if you are viewing them through Sense or picture media... Look at the size of the picture file, if it is around 2-4KB then it's probably pretty tiny, to be full size on your screen it should be around 100-200 KB. I could be off on this one and I'm sure I'll be corected soon.
Good luck on your adventure, if you decide to get brave enough to burn a ROM there are lots of cooks out there willing to build or have built something close to your needs.
1. I don't understand why this is such a problem. I have read on several boards that this is happening to others as well. And to this point T-mo techs keep telling me that they can't duplicate the problem so "hard reset". I took the first one back and have hard reset enough. The problem is still there and its beyond irritating at this point.

2. Who, in their right mind, makes landscape mode be the default to mms messages when the phone itself is NOT even landscape friendly to begin with?!? That is asinine. I have to search for .cabs to "force" my favorite apps into landscape. But the one program I don't need to have defaut to landscape it does....I should not have to switch ROMS for this, but it looks like I may have to...

3. Still searching my friend.

4. Thanks. I can't tell yet what I really don't want with this ROM. Therefore, I can't switch just yet. Plus there are more steps than I am accustomed to in flashing with this phone. The pictures send well, but the sizes vary when they come in. Hopefully, as more people get the phone this board will grow and more answers will be forthcoming.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve austin View Post

2. Who, in their right mind, makes landscape mode be the default to mms messages when the phone itself is NOT even landscape friendly to begin with?!? That is asinine. I have to search for .cabs to "force" my favorite apps into landscape. But the one program I don't need to have defaut to landscape it does....I should not have to switch ROMS for this, but it looks like I may have to...
Try HTCGSensorConfig_1.1 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=665189 to help with auto screen rotation it works like the G Config for other HTC Devices but I like it UI better, it works flawlessly on HD2 for me so far but it cant help with MMS preview because it opens in the HTC Player that only supports Landscape..

Last edited by Wildman; 05-13-2010 at 08:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2