PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Sprint

DiamondUser11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question PLEASE HELP!! TouchFlo 3D Won't Load!

Does anyone knows how to launch Touchflo mannually?

My Diamond was frozen and after I turned it off and back on, the TouchFLo is not opening automatically. I get a black screen on the phone and i have tried soft reset and powering it off and on many times but it is still the same.. Im desperately trying to avoid doing a hard reset and losing my data, as it is not backed up.

Looking for ANY suggestions! I have taken the phone into a Sprint repair center, and a hard reset was recommended, but I'm hoping perhaps someone here may have a suggestion. I've also tried taking battery out while its plugged into the charger, and interestingly enough, the phone stayed powered ON~without the battery, only being plugged into the charger! I had to replace battery, unplug charger, and then remove battery again to power down. Weird. Though probably not related to the TouchFlo not loading, thought I'd mention it. Also, I have tried to sync with my computer, unfortunately the pc cant see the device, so cant b/u that way either.

So, Im stuck with the black screen of death, only seeing the top and bottom icons.(start, radio/satellite/batt info on top, and calender/contacts on bottom)
Old 04-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: PLEASE HELP!! TouchFlo 3D Won't Load!

Start -> Settings -> Today

Uncheck TFlo3d, save, then go back in and re-check it. It sounds like the phone is working, so you shouldn't have any problems recovering data to do a hard reset.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Hello. My name is Success
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIP

you can use a program like pimbackup to save all of your stuff. You don't need tf3d to run 3rd party apps or connect to activesync.

<---- Continuation Of The GTX Sense Theme---->
Old 04-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I recommend you go from the start menu to file explorer and backup/save anything you want to keep to internal storage. You could use a backup utility to run a backup if you would prefer to do so. Then I would go from the start menu to settings then select the system tab and then click on clear storage. I would run a clear storage only then after your device restarts you could restore your stuff from internal storage and then if you want you could later go back to settings/system/clear storage and format internal storage. I suggest this only because it sounds like you have several problems all of which should be corrected with a hard reset/clear storage. Good Luck!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DiamondUser11 is a n00b

Thank you for the replies.. I guess I failed to mention, that although I can see the start button, the touchscreen and all buttons are not responsive. The touchflo fails to load, and the phone is "frozen" when powered on and the boot process is stuck showing only the icons on top & bottom. I am sure Ill have to do a hard reset to fix this, but wanted to try and get my data backed up beforehand. The activesync shows no device when I connect it to my pc, so I am at a loss as to how to backup at this point. The tech guys at the sprint store couldnt get into the phone to b/u either. I know that salvaging my data doesnt look good at this point, but was hoping you guys here might have another suggestion...
Old 04-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Yikes!
Does anything happen when you connect to your computer with usb?
Also, have you tried turning it off then push and hold volume down and press power button while holding volume down to go into bootloader? See what happens. Then soft reset and see if that has any effect.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Does it seem to respond to ActiveSync? If so try downloading EveryWAN and see if you can remote control it through AS.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DiamondUser11 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

Yikes!
Does anything happen when you connect to your computer with usb?
Also, have you tried turning it off then push and hold volume down and press power button while holding volume down to go into bootloader? See what happens. Then soft reset and see if that has any effect.

Horndoctor,
I tried what you suggested, and when I hold volume down and power button while booting up, I get a message saying "Power will be turned off, do you want to continue?" At that point, the touch screen seemed responsive to check yes or no.. I tried it a few times (not exactly sure what the bootloader mode looks like) and I continued to hold down the two buttons, and it showed the volume controls(as I was holding the volume, of course). So, no luck when pushing the soft reset at this point, it reboots the same way without the tf3d.. But, the responses I did get were more action than the phone has given me to date with this problem (seeing the power dwn ques, & the vol control).. As for connecting with the USB cord, no response- the pc cant see any device.Although it does seem to be charging... I have never tried doing a remote ActiveSync, so not sure how, but as the phone is not responsive to much at all, not sure that would even work.. As for entering bootloader mode, am I missing something, or doing something wrong here?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Yeah, my explanation was not clear. Sorry
Turn the device off.
Then push and hold down the volume down button.
While holding the volume button down, press and RELEASE the power button. Hold down the volume down button until the bootloader screen comes up.
I don't know if that will do anything though. Cross your toes while you do it. lol Maybe that will help!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

DiamondUser11 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: PLEASE HELP!! TouchFlo 3D Won't Load!

With alot of patience and perseverance, and of course, the help of the geniuses on this forum, I am happy to report that my phone is now WORKING! Actually it was a combination of downloading the EveryWAN Software, as MrObvious suggested, and going into bootloader mode as horndocter suggested.. I was in the process of loading the software while the phone was connected to the USB and pressing the volume down & power button and doing a reset when mystically, the phone booted correctly!! I was able to backup my data, and the phone is now working again normally! I cant express my thanks enough to you guys here, too bad the tech guys working at Sprint aren't as skilled with phone repairs- had I went with their recommendation of a hard reset, I'd have lost everything.. Thank You PPC Geniuses!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond