PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

fmcgirt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Photo Management on VZ Omnia II

First Post and I did search so be gentle.

I haven't had a WM device in several years but I am familiar with the three level storage of the O2 and currently have my camera default storage set to My Storage. I am using a Mac and wish to keep an O2 library of about 500 photos arranged in descriptive folders for easy access with the MY Pictures app. I have been using the brute force method of USB mounting the O2 on Mac desktop and moving the photos from My Storage to the desired folder in Storage Card. All of this seems to work fine.

The problem is that when I go to view the photos with My Pictures I get every other image on the entire device also displayed - forecast icons, images from rss feeds, Bin folders, everything!!!! - while I only want to see my photos!!

So i have two questions: Can someone suggest a better scheme for storing my photos to prevent this yet have them arranged in a meaningful way in folders or is there perhaps a better photo viewing app that will allow me to select say a root folder that I could store all my photo subfolders in for viewing and ignore the "system" images?

I would appreciate any info or help - these system and junk images really take up space and time to load and are pretty useless for viewing.

Thanks again,

Frank
Old 03-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mobile phone info
Carrier: VZW

kdkinc is a n00b
Re: Photo Management on VZ Omnia II

In my situation though I do not have near the pic's you have. I always have my camera set to store pic's on my storage card .This way I could remove the medium if ever I wanted to. Plus I "flash " my rom alot and the storage card never gets touched in a "flash" or a phone hard reboot.
When the pic's are taken they go into a file that generated buy my camera (DCIM)
I also use and bought Resco photo manager which is a ok phone pic manager. Resco has a trial version thats good for 14 days or so.

Hope this helps
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fmcgirt is a n00b

Thanks for the response. I took a look at Resco Photo Manager and will give it a try and will also change my camera storage location to the Storage Card. At least then from the Mac I will only have to make the USB connection once to move the pics from DCIM to a folder that I want to name myself. From what I read of Resco Photo Man I still can't make a folder called say Photos on the Storage card and then load sub folders of pics within it and have that recognized as a tree structure of folders by Resco PM.

Sometimes the simple, straightforward things are the hardest to do in WM. Why in the world would anyone want to manage images from rss feeds on a daily basis through the only Photo gallery app suppled with an O2? Maybe one in a while, sure I can see that but to make it a standard part of the gallery display is beyond stupid IMHO. Now I am beginning to remember why I left WM devices.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II

Geebox is just getting started

Exclude unwanted pictures in the Photo Viewer

You have to exclude the unwanted folder by modding the registry

1) With a registry editor go to HKLM/Software/TecAce/PhotoAlbum/ExcludeFolders
2) Add a new string value for every folder you want to exclude, you must give them the name of 000, 001, 002,... etc
As string data you must add the folder address, you must separate folder with the symbol \ (like the picture below)!!!

Example: If you want to exclude Program files folder, you have to make a new string value like "001" and you have to add \My storage\Program files
That's it!!!

Note: you have to clean the thumbnails that Photo Album creates! I use the clean option of SKTools
Go to this page for the original post.
http://omniai8000.blogspot.com/2009/...oto-album.html
Rom 3.2.3 Titan Reloaded 1.3.2

Last edited by Geebox; 03-29-2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: To insert picture
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fmcgirt is a n00b

Thanks very much. Someone else told me about this yesterday and it works like a champ. I should have known there was a way!

Thanks again for your help.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia II