PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: JuliusHoarkJD
Carrier: Crackit

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Yahoo to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadSquirrel
Best way to cook a generic non-carrier-specific Touch ROM?

I'm thinking I might sell my Touch, but only if I can get a good amount of money for it, since I'm really hurting for money and can't even afford my Cricket bill now. So I figured it'd be easier for whoever buys it if I can cook a non-carrier specific ROM and throw in the carrier cabs for them to install. Should be a cinch, right? What's the best way to cook a "generic" ROM?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Best way to cook a generic non-carrier-specific Touch ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadSquirrel View Post
I'm thinking I might sell my Touch, but only if I can get a good amount of money for it, since I'm really hurting for money and can't even afford my Cricket bill now. So I figured it'd be easier for whoever buys it if I can cook a non-carrier specific ROM and throw in the carrier cabs for them to install. Should be a cinch, right? What's the best way to cook a "generic" ROM?
Use PPC Kitchen and just don't select a carrier from the drop down menu. Also if you are selling it make it clear to the new buyer that the cabs are what will make it work for that carrier. If you are selling it as a cricket flashed phone, I would recommend that you include instructions with it on to change the MDN, MIN and security username and password in epst. I sale pre flashed cricket phones and if the buyer doesn't have or doesn't want to provide me the cricket number to pre-program I give them a disclaimer that it is up to them to configure the phone.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Yahoo to UndeadSquirrel Send a message via Skype™ to UndeadSquirrel

Ok, so I can flash the Sprint ROM, cancel customizations, and then flash my generic ROM? And if I just include the carrier cabs on the SD card for him or her to install, they should have no problem getting it all to work, right? As long as they input their correct phone number and password in the data connection settings? What about MMS? Since I have to use Arcsoft to get it on Cricket, I'm guessing they would have to, too?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadSquirrel View Post
Ok, so I can flash the Sprint ROM, cancel customizations, and then flash my generic ROM? And if I just include the carrier cabs on the SD card for him or her to install, they should have no problem getting it all to work, right? As long as they input their correct phone number and password in the data connection settings? What about MMS? Since I have to use Arcsoft to get it on Cricket, I'm guessing they would have to, too?
You flashed this phone to cricket a while back if I remember right, so loading the Sprint ROM is not needed. Just flash the generic throw the cabs on the SD card and instruct the buyer on how to change the epst setting and install the cabs. If it's a cricket cab use the WAP/MMS cab for cricket it doubles as a carrier cab. Theres a link in my stickied tutorial.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

UndeadSquirrel is a n00b

Ok, guess that saves me some trouble. Thanks for the help.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue