PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Best way to cook a generic non-carrier-specific Touch ROM? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115983)

UndeadSquirrel 03-27-2010 09:29 AM

Best way to cook a generic non-carrier-specific Touch ROM?

I'm thinking I might sell my Touch, but only if I can get a good amount of money for it, since I'm really hurting for money and can't even afford my Cricket bill now. So I figured it'd be easier for whoever buys it if I can cook a non-carrier specific ROM and throw in the carrier cabs for them to install. Should be a cinch, right? What's the best way to cook a "generic" ROM?

whitey10tc 03-27-2010 03:43 PM

Re: Best way to cook a generic non-carrier-specific Touch ROM?

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndeadSquirrel (Post 1663505)
I'm thinking I might sell my Touch, but only if I can get a good amount of money for it, since I'm really hurting for money and can't even afford my Cricket bill now. So I figured it'd be easier for whoever buys it if I can cook a non-carrier specific ROM and throw in the carrier cabs for them to install. Should be a cinch, right? What's the best way to cook a "generic" ROM?

Use PPC Kitchen and just don't select a carrier from the drop down menu. Also if you are selling it make it clear to the new buyer that the cabs are what will make it work for that carrier. If you are selling it as a cricket flashed phone, I would recommend that you include instructions with it on to change the MDN, MIN and security username and password in epst. I sale pre flashed cricket phones and if the buyer doesn't have or doesn't want to provide me the cricket number to pre-program I give them a disclaimer that it is up to them to configure the phone.

UndeadSquirrel 04-05-2010 09:16 PM

Ok, so I can flash the Sprint ROM, cancel customizations, and then flash my generic ROM? And if I just include the carrier cabs on the SD card for him or her to install, they should have no problem getting it all to work, right? As long as they input their correct phone number and password in the data connection settings? What about MMS? Since I have to use Arcsoft to get it on Cricket, I'm guessing they would have to, too?

whitey10tc 04-05-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndeadSquirrel (Post 1682862)
Ok, so I can flash the Sprint ROM, cancel customizations, and then flash my generic ROM? And if I just include the carrier cabs on the SD card for him or her to install, they should have no problem getting it all to work, right? As long as they input their correct phone number and password in the data connection settings? What about MMS? Since I have to use Arcsoft to get it on Cricket, I'm guessing they would have to, too?

You flashed this phone to cricket a while back if I remember right, so loading the Sprint ROM is not needed. Just flash the generic throw the cabs on the SD card and instruct the buyer on how to change the epst setting and install the cabs. If it's a cricket cab use the WAP/MMS cab for cricket it doubles as a carrier cab. Theres a link in my stickied tutorial.

UndeadSquirrel 04-06-2010 11:03 AM

Ok, guess that saves me some trouble. Thanks for the help.