PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 04:05 PM
serial_killer

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I think my phone got Y2K10

Let me tell you, my i910 has been acting worse and worse since new year, I think it got Y2K10, I'm serious, I've had all sorts of problems and before this year rarely did something go wrong.
One of the biggest things is that once I hang up after a call I have to exit out of the screen that shows the call info, if I put it to sleep first, or just leave it to fall asleep on its own, when I wake it back up it will be locked up on that same call info screen and I'll have to reset it.
Even if that happens and it wakes up on its own cause it's ringing, it wont display who is calling or even let me answer using the send hard key. It just keeps showing the last call screen with the person I was talking to and call time and such.

Another thing is right at midnight on 1/1/10 it created a new picture folder and changed my camera setting to save and look for pictures in the new folder, at first I thought it had deleted all my pics till I figured that out. Anyone else's do that?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1
Carrier: Verizon

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

you dont happen to use the built in Shozu do you. it stupided my phone. I know thats what it was because the next morning after setting it up the phone went stupid. I went in and turned off all the options to send media and its fine now
Old 01-30-2010, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work
Re: I think my phone got Y2K10

Not sure what would specifically be causing your problem, but I would hard reset/upgrade to CF03 if you haven't already. I'm not on the stock software, but I didn't notice anything go wrong when the clock changed (and I was using my phone at the time). I'm just saying I don't think there are any bugs in the software.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:59 AM
serial_killer

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Mark, I dont know what Shozu is so I'd say I'm not using it.

nitrous- I'm already on CF03, Actually I'm on one of blaznwolf's ROM's. Its not really a huge deal, as I just remember to exit the call info screen every time, and I've also learned to live with little problems. I hate hard resetting / flashing, I'm on a crappy internet connection and it takes like 2 hours to D/L the rom onto my computer and then I have to go threw and re-program everything after flashing it.

I'm a very busy person-time is money, I wish I didnt need a smart phone, I wouldnt even txt if it wasnt a required forum of communication these days.

Lets just all to back to pagers and pay phones.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work

Have you tried a hard reset? If so, it may be time to re-flash.

....my $.02.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_killer View Post
Mark, I dont know what Shozu is so I'd say I'm not using it.

nitrous- I'm already on CF03, Actually I'm on one of blaznwolf's ROM's. Its not really a huge deal, as I just remember to exit the call info screen every time, and I've also learned to live with little problems. I hate hard resetting / flashing, I'm on a crappy internet connection and it takes like 2 hours to D/L the rom onto my computer and then I have to go threw and re-program everything after flashing it.

I'm a very busy person-time is money, I wish I didnt need a smart phone, I wouldnt even txt if it wasnt a required forum of communication these days.

Lets just all to back to pagers and pay phones.
In that case, you might want to update to a new ROM if possible (or go back to the stock CF03) because the last build I see in the Blazing Wolf thread is pretty old and may very well have some strange bugs in it. Whether it does or not, updating to a newer build of Windows will usually be beneficial.
Also something else to try is backing up the contents of your My Storage to your PC and reformatting that; I was having some really random issues until I did that and then everything was fine. Not sure why but it can definitely be a cause.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1
Carrier: Verizon

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

onitrous now that you mentioned that my phone decided it didnt want to play nice with my sd card anymore(kept losing it until soft reset) i put all its contents on the desktop thinking the card was fragging,reformatted it and its been fine since,even after putting contents back on it when it stopped acting up. now Ive still got the .cabs and other media that was on it backed up on an external harddrive as well as the sd card but so far so good

every time i went to access dcim it would freeze up and lose the card. everything but dcim,doim worked fine. dunno what it was but its gone
a couple of vids and pix wouldnt sync to the desktop so I lost the vids but had already sent the pix to Walgreens pix upload for prints via the phone so they were easily copied from there

Last edited by mark elmore; 02-04-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia

Tags
y2k10