PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Need assistance with remapping TF3D left home softkey to go to TF3D contacts

So I have searched around and cannot find the solution. I need to map the TF3D left home softkey so when pressed it will go to the TF3D contacts. Not the windows contacts exe. I looked for an Htc contacts exe but could not find anything. I know on the stock sprint rom this is setup by default. If anyone can lend some assistance I would be great full.

Thanks,

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RazrHD 4.1.2
Carrier: O2 Deutschland

seco10 is keeping up the good workseco10 is keeping up the good work
Re: Need assistance with remapping TF3D left home softkey to go to TF3D contacts

General remap Manila softkeys with reg-edit:
HKLM/Software/HTC/manila/
HomeLSKPath, which is the left softkey (Standard = Phonepad)
and
HomeRSKPath, which is the right softkey.
If you change these with the location of the programs you want to link to, and simultaneous change the names:
HomeLSKText = Left softkey text
and
HomeRSKText = Right softkey text.

For your example you may type:
HomeLSKPath -> \windows\addrbook.lnk
and
HomeLSKText -> Contacts

Hope it will help
ciao
SeCo
Old 01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic
Carrier: Sprint

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Re: Need assistance with remapping TF3D left home softkey to go to TF3D contacts

I've tried this...everything is set correctly but right key still goes to contacts and left key goes to what right key is set to.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

You could try mapping with Advanced Configuration Tool ... always works for me. Attached is a copy ... go into menu, more settings, key mapping ...
Attached Files
File Type: cab Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3.3.cab (282.1 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
You could try mapping with Advanced Configuration Tool ... always works for me. Attached is a copy ... go into menu, more settings, key mapping ...
Is there a way to use ACT3.3 to map the soft left key to create a "NewSMS"?
Thanks.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
So I have searched around and cannot find the solution. I need to map the TF3D left home softkey so when pressed it will go to the TF3D contacts. Not the windows contacts exe. I looked for an Htc contacts exe but could not find anything. I know on the stock sprint rom this is setup by default. If anyone can lend some assistance I would be great full.

Thanks,

Mikee

Mikee ... here's what you want.

HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila
HomeLSKText = Contacts
HomeLSKPath = Manila://people/browserlayer/peopleAll.page
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZ

ddemara is a n00b

I did the advanced conf tool from wmdunds post and it worked...but I lost the "lock" Button on the right soft key. It isnt in the menu either...any ideas

I figured out how to get the lock soft key back on the right side but now I get the error. Shortcut target, 'error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename'

Please help

Last edited by ddemara; 01-24-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks