PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Manila / TF3D Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Need assistance with remapping TF3D left home softkey to go to TF3D contacts (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105547)

mikee4fun 01-09-2010 10:53 PM

Need assistance with remapping TF3D left home softkey to go to TF3D contacts

So I have searched around and cannot find the solution. I need to map the TF3D left home softkey so when pressed it will go to the TF3D contacts. Not the windows contacts exe. I looked for an Htc contacts exe but could not find anything. I know on the stock sprint rom this is setup by default. If anyone can lend some assistance I would be great full.

Thanks,

Mikee

seco10 01-11-2010 08:19 AM

Re: Need assistance with remapping TF3D left home softkey to go to TF3D contacts

General remap Manila softkeys with reg-edit:
HKLM/Software/HTC/manila/
HomeLSKPath, which is the left softkey (Standard = Phonepad)
and
HomeRSKPath, which is the right softkey.
If you change these with the location of the programs you want to link to, and simultaneous change the names:
HomeLSKText = Left softkey text
and
HomeRSKText = Right softkey text.

For your example you may type:
HomeLSKPath -> \windows\addrbook.lnk
and
HomeLSKText -> Contacts

Hope it will help
ciao
SeCo

tkjames 01-18-2010 01:36 PM

Re: Need assistance with remapping TF3D left home softkey to go to TF3D contacts

I've tried this...everything is set correctly but right key still goes to contacts and left key goes to what right key is set to.

wmdunn 01-18-2010 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You could try mapping with Advanced Configuration Tool ... always works for me. Attached is a copy ... go into menu, more settings, key mapping ...

Q_Q 01-25-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmdunn (Post 1499114)
You could try mapping with Advanced Configuration Tool ... always works for me. Attached is a copy ... go into menu, more settings, key mapping ...

Is there a way to use ACT3.3 to map the soft left key to create a "NewSMS"?
Thanks.

wmdunn 01-26-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikee4fun (Post 1475242)
So I have searched around and cannot find the solution. I need to map the TF3D left home softkey so when pressed it will go to the TF3D contacts. Not the windows contacts exe. I looked for an Htc contacts exe but could not find anything. I know on the stock sprint rom this is setup by default. If anyone can lend some assistance I would be great full.

Thanks,

Mikee

Mikee ... here's what you want.

HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila
HomeLSKText = Contacts
HomeLSKPath = Manila://people/browserlayer/peopleAll.page

ddemara 01-23-2011 10:04 PM

I did the advanced conf tool from wmdunds post and it worked...but I lost the "lock" Button on the right soft key. It isnt in the menu either...any ideas

I figured out how to get the lock soft key back on the right side but now I get the error. Shortcut target, 'error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename'

Please help