PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Error [252] when flashing any ROM

I am running windows 7 pro 64bit and on a second machine 32bit and receiving connection error 262. Now keep in mind that I have flashed many custom ROMs to this device before. The phone has also been unlock with unlocker 2.31some time in mid 2009.

I was able to sync the phone with no problems, it was very streamlined and auto updated the drivers from the web.

My problem was when the OEM Rom Update Utility switched into the coke bootloader mode. It dropped the USB connection and then tried to re initiate just like normal, at this time win7 downloaded a new driver. After that, the update utility stayed on the PC screen with 0%, the phone however never switched out of the coke screen, I waited for awhile, and then the phone reset with some message from the RUU saying this cannot be used with your phone (something like that, dont quote me). So I tried again a few times knowing that win7 would not have to re-download the driver, but I had the same results, phone resets, error message from RUU.

If anyone has a fix It would be much appreciated.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Error [252] when flashing any ROM

I've seen this 262 Update Error before. I suggest you soft reset and run the 2.31 unlocker again.
Then you should be able to flash a rom.
Also, many users have had trouble flashing with 64bit systems. If you have access to a 32bit OS I suggest using that instead.

Last edited by horndoctor; 01-09-2010 at 02:47 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the advice. I tired doing a soft rest but when I run the unlocker again it gets to the update utility and get the connection error. I have tried a few thing on my computer running windows 7 32 bit like remove device center with no luck. I have also tired installing xp in a Virtual Machine with no luck as well. As of now I have taken a break to purchase a Sprint Touch Pro 2. If I can get the old Touch working I will return the Pro 2. Again I do appreciate the advice.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

One more thought...
This may be a Activesync/Windows Mobile Device Center Problem.
Take a look at this post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...75&postcount=5
Old 01-09-2010, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The only thing I was able to do was Uninstall "Active sync" , restart pc and reinstall "Active sync" . Everything else on the list of things to do I was unable to change on the phone. Since the phone is in boot loader and will not come out untill a ROM is flashed. I guess it all boils down to having a Computer that will connect with the phone.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Ok. Down at the bottom of the screen what does it say? It should say serial. Then when you connect to your usb cable it should say usb. If that is the case then you should be able to run the unlocker or flash a rom.
I did a search and found this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=10

Vin had a similar 262 error and was stuck for a while. Maybe do exactly what he did.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The crazy thing is the phone would connect to the PC? When the bootloader was displayed it would say USB when connected and serial when it was not. Device manager even said the driver for the phone was good.

I tried Vin's fix and when I extracted coke 2.31 and ran ROMUpdateUtility.exe I still received the error.

I did get it to flash a ROM!! On my Dell Pentium 4 running Windows 7 32 bit I went into Control Panel/ Hardware and sound and Changed connection settings for WM Device Center. I unchecked everything. Then I right clicked on the ROMUpdateUtility.exe for coke 2.31 and clicked on troubleshoot compatibility and for the system to run it in XP service pack 2 mode. Then I ran the ROMUpdateUtility.exe as administrator and it worked!

Then I place the phone back in bootloader to flash a custom ROM. Error again. But since I place the phone in bootloader it came back out with a reset. So then I ran the unlocker again. That went smoothly and was able to flash a custom ROM with no problems.

Thanks for all your help and sorry for the long reply! Now to go back to Sprint to return the Touch Pro 2.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuteboomt View Post
The crazy thing is the phone would connect to the PC? When the bootloader was displayed it would say USB when connected and serial when it was not. Device manager even said the driver for the phone was good.

I tried Vin's fix and when I extracted coke 2.31 and ran ROMUpdateUtility.exe I still received the error.

I did get it to flash a ROM!! On my Dell Pentium 4 running Windows 7 32 bit I went into Control Panel/ Hardware and sound and Changed connection settings for WM Device Center. I unchecked everything. Then I right clicked on the ROMUpdateUtility.exe for coke 2.31 and clicked on troubleshoot compatibility and for the system to run it in XP service pack 2 mode. Then I ran the ROMUpdateUtility.exe as administrator and it worked!

Then I place the phone back in bootloader to flash a custom ROM. Error again. But since I place the phone in bootloader it came back out with a reset. So then I ran the unlocker again. That went smoothly and was able to flash a custom ROM with no problems.

Thanks for all your help and sorry for the long reply! Now to go back to Sprint to return the Touch Pro 2.
Awesome!!
Glad you got it!!
Nice work!!
I'm glad to try to help a fellow Vogue user!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue