PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 05:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kf4qhk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions on TP2/Android

1. What workarounds do we have to make the battery last longer? I saw a massive thread on it, but to be honest, the steps on that are a bit over me.

2. Some apps won't download. For instance, trying to get the Cardio Trainer, and nothing is happening.

3. MMS won't work - is that an issue with this model/software?

4. It gets slow sometimes - very very slow. Sometimes, programs won't start.

Any thoughts?

THANK YOU - YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

Jeremy
Old 09-13-2011, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

BethyM is just getting started
Re: Questions on TP2/Android

Hi! I can't answer your questions but I hope you don't mind if I add one of my own on Today is "install a new rom so you can love your phone and not get a new one cause the plans are too darn expensive" day.

Q: Which ROM are you running on the winmo side to support your android?

I second your question about the battery time. I'll boot into my frx07 and try cardio trainer and see if I can download it.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

1. Most of my tips in the Speed Improvements thread help with battery life. All 'cept maybe overclocking.

2. What build? Are you on the newest of everything? 7.1 is fully updated.

3. MMS works fine, please read the FAQ.

4. It happens. The speed improvements thread can help address this issue, but there's nothing that will absolutely fix it. At least nothing that has been found yet.

Keep in mind, we're running a phone that has hardware in it that was released before Android was even talked about. FroYo is from 2010, and our processor and RAM date to about 2007. It's honestly a miracle it works at all .

BethyM - Android doesn't care what WinMo ROM you're on. You can be stock with a completely locked down phone... doesn't matter. Don't even need to do HSPL in other words. I personally run EnergyROM Titanium to get into Android quickly .
Old 09-13-2011, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, I guess I can answer a couple of your questions:

2. I was able to download Cardio Trainer from the market on the phone. An alternative is to go to the market on your PC and do it that way. Sometimes it's easier.

3. When I tried to do an MMS, it rebooted -- so I'm going to guess that's something to try at your own risk. I was able to send SMS without problem.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethyM View Post
3. When I tried to do an MMS, it rebooted -- so I'm going to guess that's something to try at your own risk. I was able to send SMS without problem.
Did you completely ignore my post...?

MMS works fine. Please read the FAQ.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

arrrghhh: Thanks for the info on the ROM -- I knew it didn't matter but you hit the nail on the head -- I wanna be able to boot and move to Android quickly! Have you experienced replacing the battery to make a difference... yes, it's still the stock battery. If I do anything with it in winmo or android I'm needing a charge within 1 - 1.5 hrs. Been considering a cheap battery from ebay to see if it holds me over. Need to love this phone as Sprint's new plans are awfully rich for my blood!

btw: I read your stuff all the time, thanks for all you do to make this project work arrrggghh..
Old 09-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethyM View Post
arrrghhh: Thanks for the info on the ROM -- I knew it didn't matter but you hit the nail on the head -- I wanna be able to boot and move to Android quickly! Have you experienced replacing the battery to make a difference... yes, it's still the stock battery. If I do anything with it in winmo or android I'm needing a charge within 1 - 1.5 hrs. Been considering a cheap battery from ebay to see if it holds me over. Need to love this phone as Sprint's new plans are awfully rich for my blood!

btw: I read your stuff all the time, thanks for all you do to make this project work arrrggghh..
To really get into Android quickly, I like Gen.Y. It's a sort-of "dual-boot" program, that will let you choose Android or WinMo on boot. You can have it automatically boot Android as well.

Now if you say your battery only lasts an hour in WinMo, then there's definitely a problem with the battery. I get ~12hrs in Android on light usage, and last I used WinMo for an extended period the battery lasted days. So I would try and replace the battery... I can't say I recommend the cheapo batteries on ebay, but if it's just to hold you over then it should be fine.

I spent a little extra and got a Seidio battery. Not an extended fat battery, just a regular 1750mah batt. Works great! IMHO this is worth the few extra dollars if you're planning on hanging onto the phone for a while.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Nope! Had the reply up on the screen and walked away to get kids from the bus. Finished it and pressed post before I saw yours Sorry!!

Thanks for the info, I'll check on the Seidio battery.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

chichitech also offers a 1900mah slim battery that I would reccomend. You can order them from amazon.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Have you used the one from chichitech? They have a good 2 pack so I could get one for my husband's phone too. Android is running great right now, if the battery lasted I could hang on to it (and my money) a while longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

chichitech also offers a 1900mah slim battery that I would reccomend. You can order them from amazon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2