PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New reproducible "bug" found FRX07 Full Install

I was annoyed at the lack of proximity sensor so my "face" hits buttons on the screen. I was also annoyed that pressing the "end" hardbutton does NOT end the call just goes to the main desktop screen. Grrr hehe

SO I found a quirk that gets around this (but has a nasty side effect)

as soon as I am on the phone with someone I hit the power button to turn off the screen and continue the call as normal no screen on no accidental button presses.

NOW when I hit the "end" button it does not goto desktop it just turns the screen back on and I can press the "end call" onscreen button.

it then puts me at the "lock screen"

I turn it off

and here is the side effect. a second later no error no warning poof white HTC boot screen. phone crashed and is now restarting.

I can repeat this as many times as I want so its consistent.

I am going to try it again but without the "power off" at the lock screen at end of call and see what happens IE see if there is a way to NOT cause it to crash.

More later

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2