PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newest market .apx

so my question is simple, why can i not install the newest market?
Old 08-04-2011, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor
Re: Newest market .apx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioncat55 View Post
so my question is simple, why can i not install the newest market?

It's not just our phone its a lot of other Android phones. If you look at some of the forums on Android Central for example where they have it available, many users chime in and say it isnt working on their particular device. I assume you tried it, I was going to, but since you did and it doesnt work, I guess that answered my question. Some people are saying it appears to be device specific, and I'm sure that someone here can figure it out and make it work. I just don't know if they really have that high on the priority list with all the other stuff that people want fixed on this phone.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

that has to be about one of the worst things for android.....ugh cant wait for my next WP7 device =) but i love the TP2 no better keybored
Old 08-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Uhm what the heck are you talking about machek? I was able to install the new Market no problem. It's not the most straightforward process, but I was able to do it. It's a system app so you have to do it manually (on our port).
Old 08-04-2011, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i was kinda thinking thats how its done (as seeing thats what you have to do for the cell.apk). do i dare ask how you do that?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
i was kinda thinking thats how its done (as seeing thats what you have to do for the cell.apk). do i dare ask how you do that?
If you must .

How-To install the new Market.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Uhm what the heck are you talking about machek? I was able to install the new Market no problem. It's not the most straightforward process, but I was able to do it. It's a system app so you have to do it manually (on our port).

Well you obviously didnt read my whole post, you must have just skimmed it. I said " I assume you tried it, I was going to, but since you did and it doesnt work, I guess that answered my question. Some people are saying it appears to be device specific, and I'm sure that someone here can figure it out and make it work."
So as I said before, I didnt try it, I was only answering what I knew from reading elsewhere that some devices have troubles with it, which is a correct statement. Secondly you say that you have installed it with "not the most straightforward process" and it seems that my statement that "someone here can figure it out and make it work" is also a correct statement because apparently someone has. So I dont get why you have to make it sound like I'm so full of it, I was just trying to chime in with what I've read.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
Well you obviously didnt read my whole post, you must have just skimmed it. I said " I assume you tried it, I was going to, but since you did and it doesnt work, I guess that answered my question. Some people are saying it appears to be device specific, and I'm sure that someone here can figure it out and make it work."
So as I said before, I didnt try it, I was only answering what I knew from reading elsewhere that some devices have troubles with it, which is a correct statement. Secondly you say that you have installed it with "not the most straightforward process" and it seems that my statement that "someone here can figure it out and make it work" is also a correct statement because apparently someone has. So I dont get why you have to make it sound like I'm so full of it, I was just trying to chime in with what I've read.
Your first line threw me:

"It's not just our phone its a lot of other Android phones."

Plus, the OP's response to your post was basically "Android sucks because nothing works" or something to that effect... which is very misguided. I don't want to get in any pissing matches over WP7 & Android. They both have their pros and cons...

So I didn't mean to sound so rude, it's just the thread was going downhill quickly, only 3 posts in .
Old 08-05-2011, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i was not saying android sucks just its fragmented =) i know our phones never came with android on it but still its fragmented
Old 08-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
i was not saying android sucks just its fragmented =) i know our phones never came with android on it but still its fragmented
What you call fragmentation I call choice... but to each their own.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2