PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 08:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3.5mm headset test kernel

Thread should be closed since the patch was applied to autobuild.

Many thanks for those who tested

Last edited by [ACL]; 07-30-2011 at 03:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: 3.5mm headset test kernel

Sweeeeeeet! I tested emwe's .35 work on 3.5mm, worked flawlessly. Giving this a shot now, thanks!

Edit - d00d... did you not strip the modules? 7.2mb?

Once I wait 30mins to download the modules I will host elsewhere for you! Stupid hotfile...

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-10-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Sweeeeeeet! I tested emwe's .35 work on 3.5mm, worked flawlessly. Giving this a shot now, thanks!

Edit - d00d... did you not strip the modules? 7.2mb?

Once I wait 30mins to download the modules I will host elsewhere for you! Stupid hotfile...
yeah host em bad boys somewhere fasta.. i really need to make sure rhod500 works and if any gsm folk have time to just test that nothing is broke thant would be helpful
Old 07-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
yeah host em bad boys somewhere fasta.. i really need to make sure rhod500 works and if any gsm folk have time to just test that nothing is broke thant would be helpful
Did you touch the extUSB code at all? I know that had issues when you unplugged it...

Edit - might want to note that you want 500's to test, cuz it just says 3.5mm for the 400 in the first post .

I'll test out extUSB as well...
Old 07-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul------TP2 (xdandroid)

ferny4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

idk if its just me but for some reason when i run the haret(btw im using sprint tp2, frx06), it vibrates but then just freezes and it doesnt show thats its loading...am i suppose to keep the old modules or no?? i just deleted the old modules i use to have...plz help...thank you ..btw good job guys keep up the great work on this port
Old 07-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny4 View Post
idk if its just me but for some reason when i run the haret(btw im using sprint tp2, frx06), it vibrates but then just freezes and it doesnt show thats its loading...am i suppose to keep the old modules or no?? i just deleted the old modules i use to have...plz help...thank you ..btw good job guys keep up the great work on this port
Modules aren't required to boot even. Deleting the old modules is just fine.

Edit - tested this kernel, boots just fine for me. See Incremental Updates ferny4, update the kernel accordingly.

After further testing, 3.5mm does indeed work! But when I unplug, music continues but doesn't switch back to the speaker... so no audio after using 3.5mm. extUSB still works, and doesn't seem to cause issues on unplug - so if you did fix it, it seems to be working correctly! If not, it was just a fluke I guess and needs to be evaluated by more .

As for audio switching, extUSB pauses the music after unplug, but after 3.5mm is used the audio seems to never go back to the speaker on the phone... Let me know if you want more testing/clarification/logs!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 07-11-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

I couldnt even boot ..
Old 07-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
yes this happens to me
Old 07-10-2011, 10:54 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Modules aren't required to boot even. Deleting the old modules is just fine.

FYI, I've rehosted:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12691845/acl_test_kernel.zip

ACL, feel free to change the dl link in the first post. Any word on the modules tho? 7.2mb is huge for modules, I'm betting they're not stripped.

Edit - tested this kernel, boots just fine for me. See Incremental Updates ferny4, update the kernel accordingly.

After further testing, 3.5mm does indeed work! But when I unplug, music continues but doesn't switch back to the speaker... so no audio after using 3.5mm. extUSB still works, and doesn't seem to cause issues on unplug - so if you did fix it, it seems to be working correctly! If not, it was just a fluke I guess and needs to be evaluated by more .

As for audio switching, extUSB pauses the music after unplug, but after 3.5mm is used the audio seems to never go back to the speaker on the phone... Let me know if you want more testing/clarification/logs!
Thanks .. i see the issue now. The headset detect never triggers the unplug so it just keeps playing..lol. im working on a fix.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I couldnt even boot ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
yes this happens to me
Hey guys, I'm sorry... I was running on the new HaRET with an offset...

See the changes in the .39 thread - just grab that new HaRET and put the offset in your startup.txt and you'll be good to go...

In the meantime, ACL will need to put the kernel on a diet!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2