PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 01:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

xddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3.5mm headphone jack for sprint tp2

ANY solution so far? I tried to edit startup.txt and voicemail trick, no success. To me, it's more attracting to get a working headphone jack rather than the Bluetooth coz one major advantage of the Android is entertainment function, without the headphone jack, streaming music and video would be meaningless (I could use BT headset to listen music if BT works though). Hope there would be a solution soon.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: 3.5mm headphone jack for sprint tp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xddy View Post
ANY solution so far? I tried to edit startup.txt and voicemail trick, no success. To me, it's more attracting to get a working headphone jack rather than the Bluetooth coz one major advantage of the Android is entertainment function, without the headphone jack, streaming music and video would be meaningless (I could use BT headset to listen music if BT works though). Hope there would be a solution soon.
Considering there's only two RHOD's with the 3.5mm jack (RHOD400/500) and most devs do not have one of those... It's not a top priority.

But acl said he's got something worked out for NAND, and emwe said he was going to poke around his code to see if he could adapt it for a HaRET kernel.

However, to answer your question - no, currently there is no way to get the 3.5mm jack working. extUSB works, and it's like a $2 part on ebay.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i use this, works great!
Amazon.com: HTC Multifunction Audio Adapter for HTC Touch T-Mobile G1 Shadow II Wing Sprint Mogul AT&T Tilt: Cell Phones & Accessories
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

i have the code for the recognition of the 3.5 headset but havent finished the sound routing for it. Emwe is waiting for my updated code for further testing so ill try to get to it soon.

3.5mm ended up being very similar to how its done on the nexus one (via microp). Looks like the tp2 was ahead of its time..

Edit: Thanks for keeping peeps in the loop arrrggg.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
i have the code for the recognition of the 3.5 headset but havent finished the sound routing for it. Emwe is waiting for my updated code for further testing so ill try to get to it soon.

3.5mm ended up being very similar to how its done on the nexus one (via microp). Looks like the tp2 was ahead of its time..

Thank you for the hard work. Lookin forward to 3.5mm .

I wonder if jb's audio routing code deals with this...? Are you hacking it to work on the kernel level like the existing audio routing, or is it planned for the new hotness? I still need to send that boy an email, he hasn't done anything on his repo in almost a month. I wonder if it's done and just needs testing...
Old 07-07-2011, 02:26 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Yep, still have a couple of those I use from my moguls! :>)) Of course if you can headset, you can also use a 3.5m->old cassett tape out if you still have an old cassett player around, or a car cig lighter FM transmitter... & play in the SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post

Thanks/d for you're work on this... anticipation...
Thanks/d arrrghhh
Old 07-08-2011, 04:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Thank you for the hard work. Lookin forward to 3.5mm .

I wonder if jb's audio routing code deals with this...? Are you hacking it to work on the kernel level like the existing audio routing, or is it planned for the new hotness? I still need to send that boy an email, he hasn't done anything on his repo in almost a month. I wonder if it's done and just needs testing...
yeah it should do it all. One thing i would like to find out is if the h2w headset and the 3.5 headset share the same audio out.

actually i was just email jb yest. He is answering emails so he prob just busy like everyone else.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JREwing78 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

FWIW, on my stock FRX07 build, the headphone jack is working well in at least some applications (Slacker Radio).

I haven't thoroughly tested it, however, to see if it works in all applications. Nor have I had it running for more than a couple hours at a time to confirm there's no related strange behavior.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2