PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

View Poll Results: Largest Size Card
2Gb 6 18.75%
4Gb 3 9.38%
8Gb 11 34.38%
16Gb 9 28.13%
32Gb 7 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 03:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Largest SD Card Reported To Successfully Work?

What are some of the largest cards users have reported to be working with XDAndroid...

I know it has to be class 2, I have a 16Gb Class 2... It's formatted to fat32 but IDK if it fails because I don't have XDAndroid in a specific folder and it's directly rooted to my card with all the other normal folders and files windows has put there or because of the size of the card...

I picked up a Lexar 2Gb Class 2 and loaded nothing but XDAndroid to it and it successfully boots...

So unless someone invents a hardware mod allowing Touch Pro2 users to have 2 microSD cards in their phones I'm willing to try downgrading to the next closest size or reportedly largest size card and using it mainly for WinMo and XDAndroid.

Either that or I'm almost tempting to fork over 65 bucks for a 32Gb Class 2 card, try formatting it into two partitions and attempting to load XDAndroid that way... Solely using Storage Card 2 as the WinMo card.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Largest SD Card Reported To Successfully Work?

It doesn't have to be class 2. My card is class 4, and it works great.

I've heard class 6 & 10 cards work, but you might run into issues. c4 seems to be the sweetspot.

I know several that run XDAndroid from a 16gb card, but I bet a 32gb card would work - assuming the phone can see the card, it should work. I only have an 8gb card...
Old 04-18-2011, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i have a 16Gb class 6 and it works fine for the most part it seems like over time it starts to have problems
Old 04-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Okay quick question... Do you all have the XDAndroid files and folders merged intogether with all of the other normal WinMo files and folders on the root of the card?

I always thought it would interfere with the loading of XDAndroid if they were all mixed intogether... Or does it matter?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Okay quick question... Do you all have the XDAndroid files and folders merged intogether with all of the other normal WinMo files and folders on the root of the card?

I always thought it would interfere with the loading of XDAndroid if they were all mixed intogether... Or does it matter?
Not sure how to answer this question.

You can put haret.exe, zImage/modules, etc files into a folder... but Android will still create folders at the root of the SD no matter what - Android, media, cache come to mind but I think there's more. Also, apps can create folders at the root of your SD, making your question even more difficult to answer.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started

I've got a geniune Sandisk 32gb C2 (gets 5.5mb/s writes though). I only used it to test, but normally I'm on my 16gb C6
Old 04-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Can anybody report if they have windows folders i.e. program files, temp, my documents et cetera on their cards all with XDAndroid on the same card.

And if it has or hasn't effected the booting of XDAndroid...

Mind you I don't have any windows files per say, just the necessary windows folders and what not to successfully run windows programs from the storage card.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Can anybody report if they have windows folders i.e. program files, temp, my documents et cetera on their cards all with XDAndroid on the same card.

And if it has or hasn't effected the booting of XDAndroid...

Mind you I don't have any windows files per say, just the necessary windows folders and what not to successfully run windows programs from the storage card.

Thanks
Yes, I had all those windows folders on my SD card for a while, and everything is fine. Only downside is that the Android gallery app will scan the SD card and stick in every random image it finds from your WinMo programs, and the Android music app will do the same for audio files.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
It doesn't have to be class 2. My card is class 4, and it works great.

I've heard class 6 & 10 cards work, but you might run into issues. c4 seems to be the sweetspot.

I know several that run XDAndroid from a 16gb card, but I bet a 32gb card would work - assuming the phone can see the card, it should work. I only have an 8gb card...
I'm curious as to what problems were happening with a class 10 card, I found one for about the same price as the class 2 I've been looking at... Faster data transfer speeds hahaha! Then again, I might hunt and peck around for a class 4 for the same price... I've already got 16Gb but it's a class 2 and only has 500mb's left on it and no XDAndroid on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Yes, I had all those windows folders on my SD card for a while, and everything is fine. Only downside is that the Android gallery app will scan the SD card and stick in every random image it finds from your WinMo programs, and the Android music app will do the same for audio files.
Good to know... Thanks

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 04-21-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
I get random write timeouts on my 16GB Patriot class10 card. It's incredibly annoying. I'm thinking of looking for a Sandisk; they're usually the most expensive, but they also usually work reliably.

Sent from my TP2 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2