PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 09:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there an Android ROM that fits my needs?

I am planning on using my Touch Pro 2 to play Pandora (over a WiFi connection) with an adapter connected to the headphone jack that connects it to the car stereo.

I am planning on using another Touch Pro 2 as a GPS device, also over WiFi, using Google Navigation.

These phones are not activated, and this road trip will be going through areas where Sprint doesn't have service anyway. So my plan is to get a Verizon personal hotspot and use it for the data connection.

I plan to put Android on the Touch Pro 2s so I can run Pandora and Google Navigation.

Can someone suggest a good Android ROM for this? I have Sprint Touch Pro 2s and a GSM Touch Pro 2 as well.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: Is there an Android ROM that fits my needs?

FRX06 would be your best bet.

You should have no problems with your Pandora playing TP2.

Your Google Navi TP2 is a bit dicier. As noted in my issues/workarounds thread, extended use of the GPS is rather unstable, but some people seem to have better luck than others with it.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Yea I haven't used Google Nav in a while - last time I did it worked great for about 45mins, when I noticed the app froze up. That was fun trying to fix.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is there any ROM where Google Nav works?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

youngtjjones is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to youngtjjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
Is there any ROM where Google Nav works?
I think one of tiad8 builds has Google Nav working perfect i heard. So you should check his website to check it out.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtjjones View Post
I think one of tiad8 builds has Google Nav working perfect i heard. So you should check his website to check it out.
FUD.

Considering he just kangs stuff, this is complete FUD. Please, don't mention someone who is banned on these forums. There's a reason he's banned, and he is no longer allowed to post here.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

youngtjjones is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to youngtjjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
FUD.

Considering he just kangs stuff, this is complete FUD. Please, don't mention someone who is banned on these forums. There's a reason he's banned, and he is no longer allowed to post here.
My bad, just trying to help.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

I thought the wm6.5 with bing map works great. why bother if it's solely for nav?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctiger View Post
I thought the wm6.5 with bing map works great. why bother if it's solely for nav?
You know, that is an excellent point. If Google Nav doesn't work, what WinMo ROM works great for Bing Nav (with no Sprint service)?
Old 04-20-2011, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDynamite View Post
You know, that is an excellent point. If Google Nav doesn't work, what WinMo ROM works great for Bing Nav (with no Sprint service)?
I'm currently running the latest energy ROM, and turned airplane mode on my TP2, then turned WiFi on to replicate your situation and Bing Nav seemed to work quite well. I'm pretty sure most any ROM would work for you, but I've only tried it on Energy's. Are you going to have a charger for these phones?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2