PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to set CDMA APNs with new more stable ril

See post#29

I decide to create an new thread for APNs setting, just search for many help.
Thanks to highlandsun, the ril is great.
RIL link : [TESTING] New more stable ril - xda-developers

Android I run: **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!
Put apns-conf.xml in /system/etc, go to mobile network -> APN, menu key, reset to default, system will load the APNs from apns-conf.xml and add APNs which match your carrier's operator ID.

After enable data connection, android seems not pass selected APN's info to ril (such as APN name,user,password)
Quote:
D/RIL ( 1422): requesting data connection to APN '(null)'
APN got null value from system, then use default user/password to connect(default is dummy/dummy). So if user/password is not dummy/dummy, data connection will not work.

The new ril handled MMS, we can set the correct APNs for MMS receive.

Last edited by muziling; 04-25-2011 at 09:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: How to set CDMA APNs with new more stable ril

CDMA doesn't use APN's for the data connection tho, I thought that was the entire problem.

Or did you figure out a method using the apns-conf file? I'm kinda confused by your post...
Old 04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
CDMA doesn't use APN's for the data connection tho, I thought that was the entire problem.

Or did you figure out a method using the apns-conf file? I'm kinda confused by your post...
I was a bit confused too, as to whether this post was a question or an answer. I guess mostly it's an answer.

In fact the CDMA code still uses APNs, specifically, it uses the APN that matches your home operator ID. But the phone settings menu doesn't let you get to the APN editing menu. I guess they figure since it's not GSM with people swapping SIM cards all the time, end-users don't need access to it. Probably we can fix this in the framework to leave the menu always enabled.

The APN name is unused in CDMA (so it will usually be left empty in the APN database, and logged as "null"), but some of the other fields are still relevant, e.g. the username and password if your carrier requires them for logging in to a data/ppp session.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If anything, thanks for the heads up and link to the XDA site. I don't visit XDA enough to know about this but it always helps when threads like these pop up.

@highlandsun, is the second post on your XDA link executed on the terminal under XDAndroid?

Quote:
To switch into CDMA mode with your current install

Code:
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
update secure set value='4' where name='preferred_network_mode';
.quit

Last edited by ndno; 04-05-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA
Threadstarter

muziling is becoming a great contributor

In fake SMS,we configure username and password in APN, and for real CDMA mode, where can we configure this username and password, I notice there is an program call "QPST by QUALCOMM", it can configure username and password, does configured username and password store in phone,not system, like ESN,IMSI info.

Hero200 CDMA, has 3 apk(DMPortRead,DMPortRead.apk,DmService.apk), QPST can connect to phone and configure username,password,IMSI, etc...

So, is there an AT COMMAND can obtain username and password?

Last edited by muziling; 04-05-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
If anything, thanks for the heads up and link to the XDA site. I don't visit XDA enough to know about this but it always helps when threads like these pop up.

@highlandsun, is the second post on your XDA link executed on the terminal under XDAndroid?
It is executed in a command shell on the phone. Whether you do that using the Terminal app or some other method doesn't matter. I usually use adb from my PC. Sometimes I use Connectbot's Local terminal.

Last edited by highlandsun; 04-05-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
In fake SMS,we configure username and password in APN, and for real CDMA mode, where can we configure this username and password
Please re-read my earlier response.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=2080325

The APN is still used in CDMA mode. But the Phone app doesn't provide the Settings menu for it. I think all we need to do is enable the menu.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:33 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

highlandsun,

For froyo, your instructions said to mount it to /lib/froyo/libhtcgeneric-ril.so but I also see there exists /system/lib/libhtcgeneric-ril.so on the froyo build; is that correct or do we need to mount both? Yes, I did see your instructions to mount it to /system/lib/libhtcgeneric-ril.so for Gingerbread; I just wanted to make sure; I'm using FRX06.

Currently, I'm mounting it to /lib/froyo/libhtcgeneric-ril.so per your instructions. I didn't do the steps in your 2nd post for CDMA and it still works fine.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
highlandsun,

For froyo, your instructions said to mount it to /lib/froyo/libhtcgeneric-ril.so but I also see there exists /system/lib/libhtcgeneric-ril.so on the froyo build; is that correct or do we need to mount both? Yes, I did see your instructions to mount it to /system/lib/libhtcgeneric-ril.so for Gingerbread; I just wanted to make sure; I'm using FRX06.

Currently, I'm mounting it to /lib/froyo/libhtcgeneric-ril.so per your instructions. I didn't do the steps in your 2nd post for CDMA and it still works fine.
I know there are two, but the rootfs AFAIK points to the one in /lib/froyo - you can verify which RIL you're running by doing a logcat -b radio fairly soon after boot - it's near the top, and if it says 0.8 then you're not on hyc's RIL, 1.6 then you are.

As for your second statement about CDMA, then you aren't really reaping the benefits of the new RIL - you're still running in fake GSM mode if you don't follow the steps in the second post.

I found the build.prop method easiest - that way you can just bind mount a build.prop, and remove it at will.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I know there are two, but the rootfs AFAIK points to the one in /lib/froyo - you can verify which RIL you're running by doing a logcat -b radio fairly soon after boot - it's near the top, and if it says 0.8 then you're not on hyc's RIL, 1.6 then you are.

As for your second statement about CDMA, then you aren't really reaping the benefits of the new RIL - you're still running in fake GSM mode if you don't follow the steps in the second post.

I found the build.prop method easiest - that way you can just bind mount a build.prop, and remove it at will.
Thanks arrrghhh. I guess the /system/lib one is for gingerbread only then. I will use the build.prop method; I don't want to permanently change anything on the data.img in case I want to back out the mods.

Sent from my FRX06-ized TP2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2