PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

samjoandco is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
blinking green led

isn't blinking green better for a deep sleep instead of constant green?
We could save some battery that way.

Secondly, is there anyway we can find out what is preventing the phone from going into deep sleep? It works most of the time but some times, it just does not sleep even if GPS, APN is turned off and all applications are killed from task killer. I also have configured task killer to run in background.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Re: blinking green led

Blinking green light means it's trying to deep sleep. Blinking means something's holding it up, and obviously the OS is waiting for something, which means it's checking every one or more cycles for some logical state. So...not so good compared to deep sleep, which is solid green.

Not sure how to check what's keeping the OS busy, or keeping the logical state from arising. There are some apps that let you see what's occupying the OS, like "Android Assistant." You could try looking at what's hogging the CPU when your blinking green, but not sure how accurate it would be.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

But that blinking only applies to the testing kernels - the autobuild kernel doesn't exhibit this behavior...

It boggles my mind how someone can manage to download a testing kernel, but not even bother to read anything in the thread from which they downloaded said testing kernel...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
But that blinking only applies to the testing kernels - the autobuild kernel doesn't exhibit this behavior...

It boggles my mind how someone can manage to download a testing kernel, but not even bother to read anything in the thread from which they downloaded said testing kernel...
Nothing in these threads lately boggle my mind anymore lol
Old 03-20-2011, 09:15 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

My LED is always solid green or orange. Is there any way to turn off the LED? It was nice when it would flash only with notifications (in Windows Mobile mode), but the constant on is getting annoying. If it can't function as it does in Windows Mobile, I would prefer to have it always off (I'm not trying to test or debug).
Old 03-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
My LED is always solid green or orange. Is there any way to turn off the LED? It was nice when it would flash only with notifications (in Windows Mobile mode), but the constant on is getting annoying. If it can't function as it does in Windows Mobile, I would prefer to have it always off (I'm not trying to test or debug).
Unless there's an app for user-control of the LED, or someone makes an always-off build, you're probably gonna have to wait on that. Seems like the "little" issues are on the back burner, with the development focus being on the major functionality.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:47 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Unless there's an app for user-control of the LED, or someone makes an always-off build, you're probably gonna have to wait on that. Seems like the "little" issues are on the back burner, with the development focus being on the major functionality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
It's not about trying to test or debug, it's letting you know if the phone is sleeping properly or not - no offense, but we're not going to turn it off until sleep is rock solid - which it's not anywhere near yet.

There is an app called LED Effects - great little app, probably still in the AndroidApps folder of my builds - but AFAIK it only correctly works for RAPH/DIAM. Worked great, perhaps someone can brush it up for RHOD - not sure what it would take, probably not a lot. I think cr2 wrote that app originally, not positive.

So that LED will always indicate sleep status so long as we still have outstanding sleep-related issues. Would be nice to have that LED Effects app fixed up for RHOD/TOPA .
Old 03-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2/ rhod210
Carrier: 3mobile

jandyman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by samjoandco View Post
isn't blinking green better for a deep sleep instead of constant green?
We could save some battery that way.

Secondly, is there anyway we can find out what is preventing the phone from going into deep sleep? It works most of the time but some times, it just does not sleep even if GPS, APN is turned off and all applications are killed from task killer. I also have configured task killer to run in background.
Changing the LED debugging sequence at this stage would cause confusion to the many people helping testing who are now accostomed to the blinking green to full green. Also the amount of battery an LED uses is so little that I don't believe it would make any noticable battery gains at all.

And many things can prevent transition to full sleep, GPS on or charging is one, certain apps or services can. Some updating apps or apps which start themselves will (try autostarts app to prevent this) Some widgets may pervent sleep and also iv found some battery saving apps such as juicedefender can affect sleep sometimes.

Its really a process of elimination to find what's stopping sleep on your device.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

abend is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

As afairly new user to the forum I can only speak to my experience. Not to knock the forum or admins, but info on the site is like a jailbreak, it's everywhere. I know they try, but it seems hard to get current info on anything. I just look thru the threads and if I find cobbled install instructions, I try to follow them. I have no idea where they are taking me. I am trying to learn as I go, and I do more lurking than posting, just wanted to give my $.02

an example of current info would be.
1. the current version of zImage.
2. What are modules? I know I need them, but I don't know why or what they are.
C. Sometimes the instructions are written assuming the user knows what these things are.
I'm not against doing my homework, sometimes It's hard to chase these things down.

What about some kind of 'app store' for these kitchens (am I using that term right?)
Where one can see the differences and compare features against each other.
sort of like a netflix for zips. I wonder if you couldn't get an open source version of
a well known interface and quickly bend it into something a bit more organized.
Maybe include the setup/install in the main zip.
just thinking out loud here...

Last edited by abend; 03-21-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by abend View Post
As afairly new user to the forum I can only speak to my experience. Not to knock the forum or admins, but info on the site is like a jailbreak, it's everywhere. I know they try, but it seems hard to get current info on anything. I just look thru the threads and if I find cobbled install instructions, I try to follow them. I have no idea where they are taking me. I am trying to learn as I go, and I do more lurking than posting, just wanted to give my $.02

an example of current info would be.
1. the current version of zImage.
2. What are modules? I know I need them, but I don't know why or what they are.
C. Sometimes the instructions are written assuming the user knows what these things are.
I'm not against doing my homework, sometimes It's hard to chase these things down.

What about some kind of 'app store' for these kitchens (am I using that term right?)
Where one can see the differences and compare features against each other.
sort of like a netflix for zips. I wonder if you couldn't get an open source version of
a well known interface and quickly bend it into something a bit more organized.
Maybe include the setup/install in the main zip.
just thinking out loud here...
Not sure how we got from a blinking green LED to this, but if you back out to the main TP2 android forum, look at the threads at the very top of the page (Stickies) and read a couple of them, not even more than the first few posts. There is a lot of information in those, explaining just about everything you may need, and if they don't explain it, there are links in there that will take you to further explanation.

Here, start with this one. Very informative. And if you go to arrrghhh's thread, there is a link to another FAQ which is very helpful too. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...1-updates.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2