PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

firefurby is keeping up the good workfirefurby is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Build With All Sound Through Headphone Jack

I read in the FAQ that the headphone jack wasn't work and we could either have all sound through the speaker or through jack. Would it be possible for one of you awesome devs to make a build with all the sound coming through the headphone jack? I have my ringer on silent/vibrate 95% of the time anyway. TIA
Old 03-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Build With All Sound Through Headphone Jack

You can do this yourself, not sure how well it still works.

Isn't the directions in the FAQ? Add the line to your startup.txt, while in WinMo plug in headphones and make a call, boot Android while call is running & headphones plugged in.

Be warned, you will ONLY get audio out of the head phones, and I also heard the speaker makes some interesting noises as well doing this method.

Either that or wait for the 3.5mm jack to get a proper fix .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You can do this yourself, not sure how well it still works.

Isn't the directions in the FAQ? Add the line to your startup.txt, while in WinMo plug in headphones and make a call, boot Android while call is running & headphones plugged in.

Be warned, you will ONLY get audio out of the head phones, and I also heard the speaker makes some interesting noises as well doing this method.

Either that or wait for the 3.5mm jack to get a proper fix .
Sorry must have missed it in the FAQ. I thought it would be more difficult than that. I will give it a try. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Tried this, but it was a no go. I'm on BLAZN 2.2.2. I added snd.force_headset=2 to my startup.txt and did the phone call bit, but still had sound coming from my speaker. Ah well. Guess I will just hope that the headphone issue is handled sooner rather than later.

Last edited by firefurby; 03-16-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pokejerk is a n00b

Hi,

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone on the boards! This site has been really helpful.

I have also been trying to get the headphones to work. I have tried several builds, including the ones arrrghhh posted and tiad's.

My latest attempt was with arrrghhh's frx05 3/3 build. I follow his steps and boot android to make sure it works successfully. I then add that line to the startup, I plug in some headphones, call VM and while still on the line I boot android. It begins to boot like normal, but at some point the bootup just freezes (in the command line part) and the sound stutters indefinitely.

On other builds I've tried (don't remember which), android manages to boot, but the headphones still won't work.

I use a regular headphones. Do they have to the be headphone/mic kind for it to work?

Has anyone had success with any of the more recent builds (I haven't tried the older ones). Any suggestions.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokejerk View Post
Hi,

Firstly I'd like to thank everyone on the boards! This site has been really helpful.

I have also been trying to get the headphones to work. I have tried several builds, including the ones arrrghhh posted and tiad's.

My latest attempt was with arrrghhh's frx05 3/3 build. I follow his steps and boot android to make sure it works successfully. I then add that line to the startup, I plug in some headphones, call VM and while still on the line I boot android. It begins to boot like normal, but at some point the bootup just freezes (in the command line part) and the sound stutters indefinitely.

On other builds I've tried (don't remember which), android manages to boot, but the headphones still won't work.

I use a regular headphones. Do they have to the be headphone/mic kind for it to work?

Has anyone had success with any of the more recent builds (I haven't tried the older ones). Any suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefurby View Post
Sorry must have missed it in the FAQ. I thought it would be more difficult than that. I will give it a try. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Tried this, but it was a no go. I'm on BLAZN 2.2.2. I added snd.force_headset=2 to my startup.txt and did the phone call bit, but still had sound coming from my speaker. Ah well. Guess I will just hope that the headphone issue is handled sooner rather than later.
Hrm, I haven't tried this in a while - it used to work on FRX03, but perhaps something broke it.

The extUSB plug works, you guys do know that right? For the time being, it seems like it is the best workaround, until we get proper 3.5mm support - I'm dying for it too guys, but unfortunately it's pretty low on the list of things to fix...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work

Like arrrghhh said just get a short extUSB to 3.5mm female jack and problem solved. A bit of a workaround obviously, but those items are cheap and will do until the real problem is figured out.

+

= <3
Old 03-17-2011, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yup, I understand that the extUSB works. I just didn't have any of those lying around. Didn't mean to make it seem I wanted this issue rushed.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefurby View Post
Yup, I understand that the extUSB works. I just didn't have any of those lying around. Didn't mean to make it seem I wanted this issue rushed.
Take a look on ebay, you can get them for literally a couple of bucks shipped, original OEM HTC ones, and you can charge and use headphones at the same time. I picked up 2 for I think $5.50 shipped.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pokejerk is a n00b

Thanks guys. I'm with firefurby . We're not trying to complain, just saw that it was possible (at least at some point) and wanted to see if someone could help us out.

oh well. buying the usb just seems like a permanent solution to a temporary problem... =P

Thanks again guys.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work
Good point. If you check the testing kernel thread arrrghhh says there are some nice changes coming our way We'll cross our fingers eh? I've been wanting some Pandora/Slacker radio in my car but haven't purchased the miniUSB adapter because of your reasoning I use my phone as a modem and use my iPod Touch hahaha. Roundabout way!

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2