PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dohcdragon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
tp2 with android

ok so i have installed 3 different versions of andriod now on my old tp2 and i cant for the life of me get the wifi to work. the idea is to make the phone a wifi phone. so i need the wifi. i tried a version of 2.1, 2.2 and even 2.3 and all of them have the same issue. i ollow the instructions step by step and i get everything setup the best i can considering the phone has no service. i go into the wifi settings. turn on wifi. it never finds any networks. it can see all 3 that are available to it when its in windows mobbile. but it just seraches forever in android. i have scowered these forums, but somehow i dont see anyone else with this problem. it has to be something simple im missing. will someone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. the phone is a sprint touch pro 2 and has no phone service. im going to be using it as a wifi phone. let me know if you have any ideas. i have tried manually adding the networks and they are still never found. i have a router setup just for trying this stuff and have configered it for no security at all and web and wpa. nothign seams to work. PLEASE HELP.

oh and seeing how this is my first if not very close to first post on this site even though i have been using it for years. HI EVERYONE! and thanks to everyone on every part of this forum. its so full of useful information when your working on phones.. there is no place like it on the web.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: tp2 with android

Uhm... there aren't any 2.3 versions for the TP2 in the wild (I take that back, there is a version from Neopeek, but it's VERY beta. Alpha if you will).

With that said, wifi should work just fine.

Have you tried this build? It's our "reference" build, so anything that works in it should work in other versions.

The real key to wifi is the modules file with the kernel (zImage). So most builds should work with wifi out of the box - but if you upgrade the kernel at all, you must make sure that the same modules file goes with it - otherwise wifi won't work.

So you said a lot of words, but didn't really describe your problem. What does wifi do? Turns on and just says "error"? Are you able to scan for/see networks?

WEP doesn't work, and is extremely insecure. There's a workaround, but seriously if you can change to WPA/WPA2, I would HIGHLY recommend it.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

dohcdragon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: tp2 with android

I will try what you have suggested. I guess i tried and am currently running the alpha. it seams very stable. anyway it allows me to enable it and it says searching but it never finds any networks. it finds them fine when it is in winmo. like i said ill try the reference install and go from there.

thanks for your reply

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2