PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 AM
majicdj100

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Need help bad!!!!

i am using the froyo x newest build and after i did the fake APN to get data i stopped recieving my texts, so i thought it was ok im jus gonna refresh it and boot all over but im not receiving them in window mobile now either....i REALLY NEED HELP!!!! thanks in advance
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need help bad!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdj100 View Post
i am using the froyo x newest build and after i did the fake APN to get data i stopped recieving my texts, so i thought it was ok im jus gonna refresh it and boot all over but im not receiving them in window mobile now either....i REALLY NEED HELP!!!! thanks in advance
Android will no effect on sms in winmo, so maybe your tower was down. I had 1X this past Saturday morning, then it cleared up later in the day. You can delete the APN and re-enter it. Remember to save your settings.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:46 PM
majicdj100

i really dnt kno wat it is...my data is clear i have gud signal...my phone is working good besides this...and it happened after i installed this new build...is their anything in like the startup txt or something i can do??
Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicdj100 View Post
i really dnt kno wat it is...my data is clear i have gud signal...my phone is working good besides this...and it happened after i installed this new build...is their anything in like the startup txt or something i can do??
it's just a coincidence. unless you're running NAND, Android does not change/replace any WinMO files. I'd suggest calling your cell provider and see if they can push a profile update to your phone. might clear up your issue.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:28 PM
majicdj100

thanks for the advice kc, will do in a minute
Old 01-11-2011, 01:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I had the exact same issue the other day, no texts in android, then none in winmo either. Then the kids started pissing and moaning they weren't able to send or receive texts either on their dumb phones. It was a Sprint issue, and my phone, etc worked fine, it was only texts.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:46 PM
majicdj100

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Android will no effect on sms in winmo, so maybe your tower was down. I had 1X this past Saturday morning, then it cleared up later in the day. You can delete the APN and re-enter it. Remember to save your settings.
u were right i called and checked it and she said the tower is down because of the weather...it has been down since yesterday (hence the reason i thought i had the wrong settings) thanks for the help u guys its greatly appreciated

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2