PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Us Cellular

syntax_error234 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Us Cellular Data "FIXED"

I don't know how long I had to search to find the non existing answer to my question "why the crap does data not work with android". Well I have found an answer for at least my self and hopefully some other Us Cellular customers out there. The way I was correctly able to set up the apn was like this.

Name: Us Cellular
apn: cellular1wap

all other setting remained the same and now i have functioning sms mms and full data.

Hopefully this helps someone out there.

I found this information it is for the htc desire but I dont see why it wont work for us as well.

Press Voice Dailer and say Open APNS

Edit APNs to the following:

Name: USCC
APN: internet
Proxy:
Port: 80
Username: yourMSID@uscc.net
Password: yourMSID
Server:
MMSC: http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 120
Authentication Type: PAP or CHAP
APN type: mms

NOTE:::: To find your MSID, goto settings > About Phone > Status > MIN
NOTE make sure the APN type is in lower case... Thanks for finding that mistake guys..

Then use Droid Explorer (or adb) open a terminal window and do the following

su
mount -o rw,remount /system

and copy this file : http://hotfile.com/d...82/Mms.apk.html To the System/Apps overwriting the existing one..

This will up your limit to 1mb, and has all the correct info to send the message via the data network.

And for good measure use Handcent as well...

the file download link isn't working but I'm sure someone one here knows were to get a substitute.

Last edited by syntax_error234; 01-10-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Us Cellular Data "FIXED"

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax_error234 View Post
I don't know how long I had to search to find the non existing answer to my question "why the crap does data not work with android". Well I have found an answer for at least my self and hopefully some other Us Cellular customers out there. The way I was correctly able to set up the apn was like this.

all other setting remained the same and now i have functioning sms mms and full data.

I'm not on US Cellular, but thanks for posting your findings

Hopefully we can get something like auto-provisioning that can set some of this stuff up eventually.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Desire
Carrier: usc

stckmojo is keeping up the good workstckmojo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax_error234 View Post

Awesome find man. I really appreciate this.... it's been driving me nuts
Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Your welcome to all. I feel your pain I searched for 2 weeks. Then I just started trying similar cdma carriers apn's till I got a working unit.

This might need stickied seeing as how lots of people are having problems with it or at least add it to a faq or something. I would hate to think that this thread will be buried under a bunch of threads in a week in vein.

It feels really good to give back to all you guys, I have been leeching this site for sometime now. last thing I contributed was helping cook spb mobileshell into a ppc6800 rom with one of the early kitchens. so I hope I can find opportunities to do more in the future.

Last edited by syntax_error234; 01-10-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Edit to top post.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2