PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 08:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: boostmobile

rayfrausto is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help with android

Okay I'm running android on the tp2 on boost annnd I love it works great. Aas. Soon as mms is upp and mic for speeakerphone is fixed it would b perfect for me I just want help I'm trying to learn more about it wats kernel and how u update them and install. 3d drivers... xdandroid is turning out great n its time ffor me to donate for futurre features!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: help with android

one more thing dose wifi hotspot work can I
use as modem like I'm wm
Old 12-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Wifi tethering works. Use barnacle wifi tether, or just the xdandroid one (search).

Don't think MMS works for any provider, but I'm not sure - I don't use it, I just use my provider's website.

Mic for speakerphone works, just hasn't been committed yet. So if you're brave and want to run a test kernel, it works...
Old 12-28-2010, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

y do u have to b brave? and my GPS location for maps and things use to work for some reason it don't now any ideas
Old 12-28-2010, 10:18 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

@ arrrrgggghhhh didnt speakerphone work in the end on the 2.1 builds?? i dont use it often, so it didnt notice it wasnt working on 2.2...

@OP GPS works for me, and has since i took thr newest build little over a month ago..
Old 12-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Speakerphone has been working on Froyo for a while.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I dnt no what to do bout my GPS tho it wont find my location on gmaps it did Before I reinstall should I reformat and install again
Old 12-28-2010, 01:25 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Speakerphone has been working on Froyo for a while.
shows how much i use it lol
Old 12-29-2010, 04:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Wifi tethering works. Use barnacle wifi tether, or just the xdandroid one (search).
No need even for that. Froyo build-in wifi tethering under settings worked fine for me when I used it for a while the other day.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tocuh Pro2

jae18708 is keeping up the good workjae18708 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jae18708 Send a message via Yahoo to jae18708

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
@OP GPS works for me, and has since i took thr newest build little over a month ago..
My GPS has stopped working also in the latest 12/20 build.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2