PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham
Re: [3/6/2010] Google Android for TP2 CDMA [In Dev]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX View Post
Mr Pippy answered this, It thinks your in Europe because he had to hard code the location to fix something else for now, and the marketplace it's a RIL issue not reporting the IMEI correctly.
Ah, ok... I must have missed his post about the hard coded location. As far as Market, I knew it was a RIL issue, just wasn't sure if it was related to the location. Also interesting that the RIL is even looking for an IMEI since at least most of us are going to try using this in CDMA mode and IMEI's are specific to GSM and SIM cards. But I guess that's the challenge in porting Android to a World Phone
Old 03-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

You have both done excellent jobs as well as all the others who have ripped at this for so long. Might I just make a small suggestion and say that it might be a good idea to update post number 2 with some more modern info? Things that don't work... or do, and what is needed for loading such as calling voicemail and loading Wifi? This would probably slow down some of the questions being repeated if the content was of a newer revision.... maybe? Excellent job guys. I'll play with this as soon as I finish getting hdwalls to work on the newest energy rom. (2 days now)
Old 03-06-2010, 11:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6875
Carrier: uscc

dude420420 is just getting started

cdma data not working. i see the 3g icon, it says us cellular
, and it shows the arrows moving. i tried reset several times. tried turning data connect and phone off in windows before running haret. any ideas? calls and text are working. soooo close to being used solely.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Android VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Heading out of here for the night, but if anyone feels like pushing me to 3,000 Rep please thank my post
Old 03-06-2010, 11:47 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95-civic View Post
Heading out of here for the night, but if anyone feels like pushing me to 3,000 Rep please thank my post
That was easy...well past the 3,000 rep level!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Delvorak is just getting started

I've read through the last 20 or so pages and didn't see any mention of this, soo..

Anyone notice that tapping once on the screen (anywhere, on anything, but most noticeable when dialing a number or typing on the on-screen keyboard) will sometimes (frequently) be changed into a double tab? So you hit "e" on the keyboard, once, firmly, and it spits out an "ee"?

Doesn't always do it, but it does make using android rather difficult when probably 30% of my taps are miss-interpreted as a double-tap. or when sliding movements are interperted as a double-tap.

Is there a setting in android that I can use to reduce the sensitivity of the screen, or is this something that needs fixed in the kernel?

Thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Lurker

nba30 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [3/6/2010] Google Android for TP2 CDMA [In Dev]

Thanks 95-Civic and everyone else who's been helping with this project! I tried it out for the first time tonight and was extremely surprised how far along this build is! I will be contributing to your beer/coffee fund right now.

Keep up the great work!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; XDANDROID Build/ERD72) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Got it... civic 95 You are the mann.. give the people that You brain storm with a hi five...lol

Thanks hit. .. You won't have problem here at ppcgeeks getting Rep points...
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 AM
N00b
Carrier: sprint

certifiedsinner is just getting started
Unhappy Re: [3/6/2010] Google Android for TP2 CDMA [In Dev]

am i missing anything ..i got android loaded.. but phone wont come out of airplane mode??? any help?...
Old 03-07-2010, 12:08 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedsinner View Post
am i missing anything ..i got android loaded.. but phone wont come out of airplane mode??? any help?...
Your missing all the reading needed to know that this has been discussed for the last 4 hours in this thread....Read Man!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android, cdma, sprint, touch pro 2, tp2