PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3/6/2010] Google Android for TP2 CDMA [In Dev]

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
To all those having trouble with the Android Market -- that's a problem that should've been fixed in the March 1st XDANDROID package. It's possible 95-civic didn't realize and update (it was just a small fix after the Feb 27 or 28 release); or there might be a separate Market issue afflicting you guys.

Could someone try downloading that package, and just replacing your system.sqsh with the one contained therein, and see if that fixes the market downloading issue?
Downloading now. The system.sqsh file included in civics build is dated 2/27

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
Old 03-06-2010, 09:08 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
sim card is not needed... in fact, most have to take it out to get android to boot. you will get an annoying icon on your windows mobile taskbar though... btw anyone know how to get rid of that?
I know there is a fix somewhere I will find it...pretty sure it is in Mighty's thread if someone wants to look before me..(gonna test this MP)...just check the paperclip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
To all those having trouble with the Android Market -- that's a problem that should've been fixed in the March 1st XDANDROID package. It's possible 95-civic didn't realize and update (it was just a small fix after the Feb 27 or 28 release); or there might be a separate Market issue afflicting you guys.

Could someone try downloading that package, and just replacing your system.sqsh with the one contained therein, and see if that fixes the market downloading issue?
DL,ing now....
Old 03-06-2010, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

This has advanced far more than I expected in a few days. Now I really have some regrets on going to the Palm Pre , but I still have my Touch Pro 2 to play with this Build, and I must say that I am so so so impressed.
Now that Data and SMS are working, with Voice I can't gloat

But this is good work and I congratulate the Builders and Developers working on this. My donation shall come thy way this weekend. Thanks for hearing our cries and letting us enjoy this android too. Maybe someday we might just be like the Vogue users and Flash out Windows Mobile completely and stay with Android. That's Why I still have not sold my Touch Pro 2

"Computer Maintenance Technician, Houston, TX"
Old 03-06-2010, 09:14 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Is there definitely a change in the two sqsh files...they are dated the same and are the exact same size...
Old 03-06-2010, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

surge is keeping up the good worksurge is keeping up the good work

In the last few pages, there have been several questions about the same topics which have been answered several times.

I saw another thread (don't remember which) that reminded people to read the first post before asking questions.

The title was something like:
"Whatever topic...Read the first 2 posts before asking questions in this thread"

If the first post would include the link in my signature (btw: it's not my site) it would answer most questions we keep seeing.
The page include information about
--Market Place not working..some alternate ways to get Market Place files
--Info on removing the SIM card to get CDMA data working.
--The bit about sound not working
--etc

In can be updated by anyone when the status changes and would keep this thread from growing several pages (due to people asking the same questions over and over) whenever a new build come out.

In case my signature changes, the link is http://www.androidonhtc.com/rhodium/port_status
GSM Dev Thread: Click here
Latest Kernel and Module: Click here
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

CyberCrisis is a n00b

Hmm well now I seem to have a problem first I tried it with my sim card in but I could never get it off airplane mode. Then I took the sim card out and it found my sprint network fine. It just that ever time it goes 3g it seem to cause the phone to restart. I have let it run though three times. I have even turned off flo.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
sim card is not needed... in fact, most have to take it out to get android to boot. you will get an annoying icon on your windows mobile taskbar though... btw anyone know how to get rid of that?
I'm running MightyROM 021010 and I'm not getting any SIM card warning annoying icon; I remembered the annoying icon is there in the Stock Sprint ROM and a previous release of MightyROM. Works great without the SIM card, thanks.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:28 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Is there definitely a change in the two sqsh files...they are dated the same and are the exact same size...
Not definitely. I was just hoping. I think MrPippy also mentioned a possible RIL issue that causes market problems.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

I have just read through 20+ pages of the thread to catch up am booting now on a freshly formatted 1gig card I have just for this.

On that note a warning to everyone, not this build but the last one destroyed my map data for Garmin on my main 4gig card I use, and I had to reinstall garmin totally to get it to work again. So just want to make you guys aware, back up your stuff just in case.

For anyone interested it just took 6 minutes for first boot. But during trying to setup my google account it did do a soft reset. But I know this build is going to be buggy, so im not complaining. But the restart only took 2 minutes, from click of haret to android screen.

Yes Mr. Pippy did say that he believes the market issue is a RIL problem where it's not reporting the IMEI, or not reporting it correctly.

Also he didn't even know civic had released the current release, but is happy to see everyone testing it and getting to play with it.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

are notifications supposed to pop up on the messaging and phone widgets? or does this only happen on the window shade/taskbar area

thanks surge for the alternate marketplaces... slideme is working well...
so is there anyway to get the htc widgets like clock, peep, etc....?

Last edited by lipidfats; 03-06-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android, cdma, sprint, touch pro 2, tp2