PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

i dont know what i did but the speaker phone works correctly now, i can hear them and they can hear me :S

I didn't change any files that I know of :S
Old 03-17-2012, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

boneskid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

is anyone else experiencing wi-fi issues with this build? my phone wont connect but it could be my router i just want to be sure.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

I think it depends on the type of encryption you are using. Try changing that.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneskid1 View Post
is anyone else experiencing wi-fi issues with this build? my phone wont connect but it could be my router i just want to be sure.
wifi-nvram.txt is still an issue as well. Never really resolved that problem... random MAC generator will probably be the solution.

As was previously stated, WEP causes problems as well, besides it is very insecure. Switch to WPA/2!
Old 03-18-2012, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

boneskid1 is a n00b

no i use wpa/psk2 it is much more secure vs. wep i will look i think it is my kernel that i updated with
Old 03-20-2012, 12:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

auburnham is a n00b

I installed GBX0B yesterday, and was using FRX07.1 previously. I have read through most of this thread, but didn't find an answer to these issues:

1) EyeB mentions starting with 90Mb free, but I can't get higher than ~43Mb free. changing minfree values doesn't increase free memory, but seems to slow the system down while endlessly looking for processes to kill. Can anyone tell me how I can troubleshoot this? I had a similar problem with FRX07.1, but noticed the low free memory was only a problem when using an XDAndroid autobuild rootfs.img from 9/30/11, or later, when there was a "fixup /dev/block/ramzswap0 creation" change made.

2) arrrghhh mentioned that the volume could be increased by modifying the .csv files. My audio is quiet, but not more than it was with FRX07.1. Can someone tell me what data in what .csv file needs to be edited to increase volume?

3) The Froyo FRX07.1 soft keyboard had a microphone button for voice-to-text, which is missing in GBX0B. Is there any way to get that back?

By the way, I know arrrghhh won't appreciate this, but if anyone else wants more phone storage space, you can change line 97 of rootfs.img\init from:
dd if=/dev/zero of=$card/$dataimg bs=1048576 count=256
to
dd if=/dev/zero of=$card/$dataimg bs=1048576 count=512
before building data.img. This will double the phone stroage space from 256M to 512M. If using Windows, you will need EXT2IFS & FileDisk. This is the only change I've made to the rootfs.img file, so I don't think it would affect the free memory issue I'm having.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnham View Post
I installed GBX0B yesterday, and was using FRX07.1 previously. I have read through most of this thread, but didn't find an answer to these issues:

1) EyeB mentions starting with 90Mb free, but I can't get higher than ~43Mb free. changing minfree values doesn't increase free memory, but seems to slow the system down while endlessly looking for processes to kill. Can anyone tell me how I can troubleshoot this? I had a similar problem with FRX07.1, but noticed the low free memory was only a problem when using an XDAndroid autobuild rootfs.img from 9/30/11, or later, when there was a "fixup /dev/block/ramzswap0 creation" change made.

2) arrrghhh mentioned that the volume could be increased by modifying the .csv files. My audio is quiet, but not more than it was with FRX07.1. Can someone tell me what data in what .csv file needs to be edited to increase volume?

3) The Froyo FRX07.1 soft keyboard had a microphone button for voice-to-text, which is missing in GBX0B. Is there any way to get that back?

By the way, I know arrrghhh won't appreciate this, but if anyone else wants more phone storage space, you can change line 97 of rootfs.img\init from:
dd if=/dev/zero of=$card/$dataimg bs=1048576 count=256
to
dd if=/dev/zero of=$card/$dataimg bs=1048576 count=512
before building data.img. This will double the phone stroage space from 256M to 512M. If using Windows, you will need EXT2IFS & FileDisk. This is the only change I've made to the rootfs.img file, so I don't think it would affect the free memory issue I'm having.
1. I wouldn't worry about specific numbers - I seriously doubt he was looking at his free memory correctly.
2. I don't know, but I assume if you look at the WinMo threads on increasing volume, they involve mucking with those CSV's. Look at what they change, and try tinkering. Let us know what works.
3. It's fine here, I see the mic no problemo... Do you have voice search installed?

Also, why the heck would you muck with the rootfs just to resize your data.img? lol.

[APP] Windows: Create Your Own Data.img Maker Application, +/- From Existing data.img - xda-developers
Old 03-20-2012, 03:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: Rogers

rete is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Volume+ does wonders on various of my GB devices (TP2 with OMGB nand; HTC Desire; Nook tablet). It might work for you.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

auburnham is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
1. I wouldn't worry about specific numbers - I seriously doubt he was looking at his free memory correctly.
2. I don't know, but I assume if you look at the WinMo threads on increasing volume, they involve mucking with those CSV's. Look at what they change, and try tinkering. Let us know what works.
3. It's fine here, I see the mic no problemo... Do you have voice search installed?

Also, why the heck would you muck with the rootfs just to resize your data.img? lol.

[APP] Windows: Create Your Own Data.img Maker Application, +/- From Existing data.img - xda-developers
Thanks for the feedback arrrghhh.
1) I'd still like to understand why I've seen little effect of changing minfrees after the 9/30/11 rootfs.img. If anyone has a suggested way to investigate, I would be interested in hearing it. Perhaps I could compare every file in this rootfs.img to the 9/20/11 rootfs.img for changes? Also, what are others' typical free memory just after boot and after a reasonable uptime?

2) I'm experimenting with badboy8813's AudioPara3.csv, and it seems to work quite well at boosting the volume. I'll post if I run into any problems with it. If that doesn't work, I'll try rete's Volume+ rec (thanks, rete).

3) Voice Search wasn't included with the GBX0B bundle like it was with FRX07.1, so I didn't know I needed to install it. It is now installed and mic button is present.

The rootfs.img change isn't indented to resize the data.img, it is intended to create the data.img with a larger size. Much cleaner, IMO. Plus, I often have to recreate my data.img because of SD card issues, and the rootfs.img change saves time in the long run. Looking forward to a NAND build with as many working features as GBX0B.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback arrrghhh.
1) I'd still like to understand why I've seen little effect of changing minfrees after the 9/30/11 rootfs.img. If anyone has a suggested way to investigate, I would be interested in hearing it. Perhaps I could compare every file in this rootfs.img to the 9/20/11 rootfs.img for changes? Also, what are others' typical free memory just after boot and after a reasonable uptime?

2) I'm experimenting with badboy8813's AudioPara3.csv, and it seems to work quite well at boosting the volume. I'll post if I run into any problems with it. If that doesn't work, I'll try rete's Volume+ rec (thanks, rete).

3) Voice Search wasn't included with the GBX0B bundle like it was with FRX07.1, so I didn't know I needed to install it. It is now installed and mic button is present.

The rootfs.img change isn't indented to resize the data.img, it is intended to create the data.img with a larger size. Much cleaner, IMO. Plus, I often have to recreate my data.img because of SD card issues, and the rootfs.img change saves time in the long run. Looking forward to a NAND build with as many working features as GBX0B.
1) Minfree settings from the SuperCharger script or from manual intervention should still work fine. Why do you feel they're not being set properly? Keep in mind, it gets to a point where you just can't free up any more memory - I don't know how Android behaves if you set the numbers to something insane, I would think it would kill applications very quickly, perhaps even when you're using them lol.

3) Hum, I didn't do anything special to include it in FRX, that I know of... I'll look into it, but IMHO this is trivial - does AOSP include it?

Also, you can generate a blank data.img file to always replace yours... but do what you gotta do, I just would not recommend everyone hack the rootfs. There's much easier ways to get a bigger data.img file, lol.

Also, for me - NAND seems to work really damned well. I rarely have WinMo flashed on the device at all anymore...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development