PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Today about 9am I flashed your new release (16/01/2012). Till now (10pm same day) I must connected my phone to charger twice already. My power from battery is about 6 hours per one charge. This is about 4 hours less then previous build. I'm using my phone with the same settings, same apps and with same intenzity as the previous build. I have been already tried battery calibration. Sleeping my phone indicated with green LED is OK, as I expected. My question is: were some changes in this new build which are affected consumption or is my battery definitively dead? Thanks.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB
Carrier: Sprint

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckl3b3rry View Post
I had the incoming call/mic issue again tonight. Also, I did try Bluetooth in with my car tonight and I got audio but it started out very soft and quickly ramped up to extremely loud then distorted and crack and then went silent. after a couple of seconds it repeated that pattern.
I just tried the bluetooth with my bluetooth speakphone and the same thing happened as huckl3b3rry. ill try again and try and grab logs. what command should i run?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
I just tried the bluetooth with my bluetooth speakphone and the same thing happened as huckl3b3rry. ill try again and try and grab logs. what command should i run?
Just use the GetLogs app. Makes things much, MUCH easier.

http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Logs

Recreate the issue, use GetLogs, win.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
Today about 9am I flashed your new release (16/01/2012). Till now (10pm same day) I must connected my phone to charger twice already. My power from battery is about 6 hours per one charge. This is about 4 hours less then previous build. I'm using my phone with the same settings, same apps and with same intenzity as the previous build. I have been already tried battery calibration. Sleeping my phone indicated with green LED is OK, as I expected. My question is: were some changes in this new build which are affected consumption or is my battery definitively dead? Thanks.
Without the GPS library I'm not sure it would matter, but GApps for OMGB defaults to having GPS on for location. I would turn it off just to be sure.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: O2-CZ

milda25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Without the GPS library I'm not sure it would matter, but GApps for OMGB defaults to having GPS on for location. I would turn it off just to be sure.
This is the first setting what I doing turn off after fresh install My GPS is off for sure, I only have checked Mobile network locations check-box.
One note to this: I'm using minigaps (only Android Market) from Rhodium project nand web. But I'm not sure if this is important info
Old 01-16-2012, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Just use the GetLogs app. Makes things much, MUCH easier.

http://xdandroid.com/wiki/Logs

Recreate the issue, use GetLogs, win.
for some reason i could get the getlogs to give me a file or Pastebin address. so i have attached the file from adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt this command

edit - i hope this is the right stuff
Attached Files
File Type: zip dmesg33.zip (25.2 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by anish88; 01-16-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25 View Post
Muziling had mentioned to ACL about a battery hack he found, ACL said that he would release it on next build don't know if he did on this build...correct me if I'm wrong!

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2012, 08:40 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

Nice build, easily installed.

While getting everything setup for more thorough integrated testing, I have found myself unable to get MMS working with the android messaging application.

I started with the normal edits to APN, which failed to work. I reset APNs to default and then performed the build.prop edits, followed by the standard APN edits, which also failed to work.

Has anyone had good results with the 1/16 build, Sprint network and the standard Android messaging application?

<edit>
I went through the process again, ensuring that I started with default APN settings and it worked this time. Happy camper. Sorry for the false alarm.
</edit>

Best regards,
-boggsie

Last edited by boggsie; 01-16-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post

While getting everything setup for more thorough integrated testing, I have found myself unable to get MMS working with the android messaging application.

I started with the normal edits to APN, which failed to work. I reset APNs to default and then performed the build.prop edits, followed by the standard APN edits, which also failed to work.

Has anyone had good results with the 1/16 build, Sprint network and the standard Android messaging application?

<edit>
I went through the process again, ensuring that I started with default APN settings and it worked this time. Happy camper. Sorry for the false alarm.
</edit>

Best regards,
-boggsie
Probably had to reset for changes to take effect?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post

<edit>
</edit>

Best regards,
-boggsie
Without the build.prop edits?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development