PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: rhodium
Carrier: tmobile
Threadstarter

jonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] SCBS: Improved battery meter system

I'm not really sure what it takes to get a good model. That is part of the reason for this thread. But i think 3 cycles is more than I have ever done. You should be good to go. I'll be posting a new rootfs shortly that will be able to generate more accurate models.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD 400)
Carrier: Sprint

rpierce99 is keeping up the good workrpierce99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Jonpry, how many charge/discharge cycles do you recommend to get an accurate model? I'm on my 3rd cycle now since using your files. Should this be run at stock speed or does it not matter? Thanks!

Sent from my FRX06-ized TP2 using Tapatalk
I'm not nearly as knowledgable about all this as jonpry but I'll take a stab at it.
The way the model works is the more information it has, the better, so you can generate a model today and then generate a model in 3 weeks and the new one will be better than the old one, assuming you used the logs from the whole available time. The important things are that it got charge and discharge at varying levels of battery, make sure you got your battery fairly low before charging it, at least one time.

The speed you use during logging should match the speed you're going to use during use. You are more or less training the app what your battery will do under varying circumstances.

Last edited by rpierce99; 04-07-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hmmm... I got the following results after 3 cycles (charged fully under FRX06 OCed at 650mhz, discharged with normally usage: some texting, some voice calls, a lot of browser surfing, some tapatalk, some youtube, a lot of sleeping in between)

cc=0.353938423
cb=115.441281066
rc=0.454638059
re=0.131118549
vf=1.098000000
cf=0312500000
lr=0.000001000
sl=7.535142851
se=0.007000000

Defintely do not resemble anything in the first post. Unfortunately, these values are Latin to me. The most current scbs.log file I have is 803Kb big. I have like 5 other scbs.log files (.1, .2, ..., .6) which I didn't include in the analysis, should I include them also?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuffjonpry knows their stuff

Ndno,

Imho those numbers are great. Use them and let us know how it goes.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpry View Post
Ndno,

Imho those numbers are great. Use them and let us know how it goes.
Thanks... I will do so.

BTW, I like how you have this in the first post Deservingly so

Quote:
Credits:

Jonpry for lots of stuff...
Edit: what is the best way to check if my battery meter is accurate besides rebooting to winmo and comparing it against winmo?

Last edited by ndno; 04-07-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ndno,

Unfortunately the winmo battery meter is not terribly accurate. Wistilt2 has been doing lots of "reboot to winmo" experiments anyway, and he says it is consistently within 1%. The things that make this a lot better are that:

1. Plugging in the charger won't cause the level to jump 60%
2. 100% should actually be fully charged.
3. zero, its well empty.
4. Heavily loading the phone won't cause a dip of 10%
5. Putting the phone in sleep doesn't make it apparently charge
6. Thing should be fairly linear.

If your charge only goes up to 98% or so, let me know, there is fix for that.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO/Boost

Starfox is just getting started

What's the likelyhood of you being able to cordinate with F22/WisTilt to push the required changes to run the apk with the latest development kernel bits/rootfs? I'd imagine that you need both to read the values off battery, and shouldn't interfere if not running the apk. That way you get a good base of guin^H^H^H^Husers and we get to keep the new keymaps etc.

-- Starfox
Old 04-08-2011, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I am working on something with wistilt2 atm. He kind of wants to keep the kernels seperate so that any problems scbs itself can be identified. That being said he is using scbs on his phones and seems to like it. So i'm guessing wistilt2 kernels will be getting scbs added shortly. If F22 wants to integrate my stuff into his rootfs, more power to him.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpry View Post
Ndno,

Unfortunately the winmo battery meter is not terribly accurate. Wistilt2 has been doing lots of "reboot to winmo" experiments anyway, and he says it is consistently within 1%. The things that make this a lot better are that:

1. Plugging in the charger won't cause the level to jump 60%
2. 100% should actually be fully charged.
3. zero, its well empty.
4. Heavily loading the phone won't cause a dip of 10%
5. Putting the phone in sleep doesn't make it apparently charge
6. Thing should be fairly linear.

If your charge only goes up to 98% or so, let me know, there is fix for that.
Thanks. The battery meter does look more accurate now, especially when I use it heavily, there is no drastic dipping as you indicated. Gonna run this longer and apply the latest log file to get an even more accurate model. Yes, my charge only goes up to 97 or 98% before it stops charging; what is the fix your mentioning?

Sent from my FRX06-ized TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2011, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ndno,

Edit /sdcard/scbs.conf and change Vf to 1.103. Then either reboot the phone or "killall -HUP scbs" What model are you running, ie RHOD100 etc?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Tags
battery, tp2