PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
Hi guys

Good news

I got camera fully working on this build. I did not touch anything else. I left the system.ext2 the same. I just add it camera support.

I only test it on my rhod400. But it should work for all the devices.

What works
Gmail
Camera
And everything else that was working before.

All credit goes to stinebd for this

I will upload it today after work.

Thanks
Awesome Tiad! plus with this rootfs thanks to manekineko the auto rotate also works!
Attached Files
File Type: zip rootfs.img.zip (4.96 MB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
Awesome Tiad! plus with this rootfs thanks to manekineko the auto rotate also works!
g-sensor was fixed by stinebd... just for the record.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
Heh all I did for that was redoing the keymaps, all credit goes to Stinebd for the auto rotate. Thanks for the shout out though!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Heh all I did for that was redoing the keymaps, all credit goes to Stinebd for the auto rotate. Thanks for the shout out though!
lol no prob bro, you deserve some cred too, love the keymapping
Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Does HQ you tube work ?

Sent from my BLAZN 2.2.2 using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Does HQ you tube work ?

yes it does.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by proxhack View Post
yes it does.
Sweet . May need to try this out ! Is it fast , The build .

Old 03-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

Update folks!

Cam, fixed soft keyboard... Y'know, fresh goodness from stinebd.

[Changelog]
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: T-MOBILE

siliconali42000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hey all,

Figured this deserved a separate thread with a new bundle. There are definitely issues with this build, it's really just a preview of GingerBread.

Please read this entire post! FAQ

I have created a complete bundle of GingerBread with the newest kernel from GIT (Feb 28 / 1276), and the newest rootfs from GIT (Feb 24).

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated Mar. 11 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) file (updated Mar. 11 2011) by itself...

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, GBX0A, copy its contents to the root of your SD card.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device, and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located within two folders, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Click haret.exe on your phone thru File Explorer, Total Commander, etc.

5. Watch the boot process - you’ll see a section where you have to calibrate the screen - don’t forget to do this! Optionally, if you’ve already done this copy your ts-calibration file from your other build.

**This isn't working with 1276 (the newest kernel from GIT, which I've included). So, if you have a RHOD I have attached my ts-calibration file (rename to ts-calibration - remove the .txt extension). If not, use an older kernel from GIT (some have to use 1225) and generate the ts-calibration file. Thanks**

6. Profit!

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - I think if you let it sit for about 10 mins so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot .

Troubleshooting:
Please read the... FAQ
If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get newer or archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

In addition, I am using the newest rootfs from GIT - Feb. 10. There are other rootfs options, see F22’s thread if you want to use more keys or move around the home button. Of course, there's always the roofs autobuild service if you want "stock" rootfs images - F22 builds his off of these and modifies them .

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data, Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Obviously this build is Alpha, and there are going to be problems. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.

stinebd's original post HERE

Mar. 11 2011 Changelog
currently am trying out froyo 2 android (still has a couple of issues, bluetooth for one.got the wifi working. am going to try this one also. liked the differences between different android systems.(mostly i know windows(linux a little got to get a book and read up(have an ambutu disk gonna check that out too. thank you
Old 03-13-2011, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: None

oisact is just getting started

I'm impressed with Gingerbread. I did a head to head comparison with it against FRX05 on two TP2s, and the GUI responsiveness and smoothness was better with Gingerbread. I also like the various refinements to the OS. I'll be keeping my eye on this project, and hope that it can catch up with FRX05 stability soon! I had one SOD after a few hours (I have never had an SOD with FRX04 or 05), but no crashes at all. I left it running Pandora during the night and it's been running fine for 24 hours now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development