PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: acer
Carrier: vodaphone

sassybees is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iconia a500 wont boot after partial update

hello
I have a Acer Iconia A500. I got an update last night. The green robot stopped and did nothing at the end of the installationn ( I presume)
Foolishly I turned the tablet off and when I went to reboot I get to the Unlock screen and it totally freezes. I can do nothing. I am guessing this is called bricked ( total newbie here) I have read the Unbrick post and dont understand a word of it! Can anypone please help me. I brought the acer at Best Buy in the USA and I live in Australia
Old 08-13-2011, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1
Carrier: Sprint

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iconia a500 wont boot after partial update

Have you tried the UPDATE.ZIP included in my UNBRICKING guide? See if that helps you... Here is what you need to do...

Download the UPDATE.ZIP (first link in the guide) and place it into your MicroSD card. You will have to plug it into your PC because the Tablet cant sync right now...
Put the SD card back into the A500 and turn it on pressing the PWR button and the VOL- button (the one closes to the edge)...
You will see a message at the top left that says "Erasing Cache" and another that says "Booting Recovery"... Let this part run on its own, it will update your tablet to a ROM that will be functional for your tablet... Then you can continue the guide and update your tablet to the latest updates... jejeje

I know how frustrating it can be, hope this helps you...

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets