PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue) (Bell)
Carrier: BELL

Vellius is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Best Tablet + Cell combo

Hello

I was having a talk with a friend and mentioned that it was better to have a Cell with a wify connection and then use an app to turn your cell into an access point patching your cell data connection to your tablet.

This way one could essentially buy only 1 data plan (Cell) and go for Tablet models without 3g/4g antennas which cost almost half the cost.

This way i could get a "free" cell upgrade from my provider and pay half the cost for a Tablet.

Now what would be the best combo Cell/Tablet to achieve this?
Note: I'm looking for 2 Android devices
Old 02-09-2011, 10:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Best Tablet + Cell combo

most any, if not all, Android 2.2 smartphones are capable of HotSpotting...

Via: Offical add on(charged by carrier), Root with apps, or Rom Change... youll always be bound by any Carriers speeds too.. so whatever device suits YOUR needs and whatever carrier is Best in Your area will tether the Tablet...

If your talkin about cheap Tablets, you must mean Non Carrier... the choices are almost starting to become infinite on Android Tablets.. we have several listed in the forum to look at... the thing to watch out for is Rom/Ram/Processor on Android Tablets... its free to use the OS, so its running on a lot of crappy machines... also alot still sell with Android 1.5,1.6, and 2.1... all things to watch out for.....
Old 02-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue) (Bell)
Carrier: BELL
Threadstarter

Vellius is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thank you for the info!

As you mentioned I'm definitely looking for a non carrier tablet. merged with a Cell that i could get easily should for an obscured reason i was to loose my current old cell and have to rely on my "lost/theft/break" insurgence.

What I'm looking for more exactly is if there are any community favorite for tablets.

Example: Back in the days the HTC Touch (Vogue) was badly classified at Bell and thus was allowed the 10$/month unlimited data plan. As of today i still have this account and using the cell as an external modem.

I was wondering if such a situation was still available today with a android based cell.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:29 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

I would go with the Epic 4g and the tablet depends on what your looking for
either the Nook Color or the Motorola Xoom

Old 06-08-2011, 12:06 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

So what did you decide to buy?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Android Tablets