PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Question [Q] Damaged SD Card [Error Message]

Okay so I've come across this twice, once trying to dualboot wp7 and again while triple booting windows mobile, BoxmaX.S3.5.v8.5 and slackware v0.1b.

I formatted the card in EaseUS and MiniTools Fat32 64Kb Clusters, plus made sure it was Primary and both times Windows Explorer prompted me to format the card again, so I did Fat32 Default Cluster Size both Quick and Slow Format.

If I format it in Android SD, will I lose all my stuff on the card or what will happen? Thanks
Old 06-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Re: [Q] Damaged SD Card [Error Message]

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
...If I format it in Android SD, will I lose all my stuff on the card...
Can't answer this re Android SD, but my understanding is that any time you format a memory card, you are wiping it - clean (quick format only cleans directory, slow/full wipes entire card). So it seems to me the answer is: "Yes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
...I formatted the card...64Kb Clusters...
Wow, big clusters. FAT32 default cluster size is only 4KB. What's the total capacity of your card?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

It's a 32Gb class 4.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I think the format method may be the cause when I formatted it in MiniTools and the cause might be in the cluster size.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Had some issues with big 32 gig card in my old Vogues, things like slow search and long gaps between songs even when player is in gapless mode. Have found only a couple of things that help:

(1) Format FAT32 with 16KB cluster size. This should result in the same RAM requirement as an 8 gig card with default FAT32 cluster size, as far as what the file allocation table needs.

(2) Using a ROM with at least 32MB pagepool size. That's about 30% of the 116MB of RAM available in my Vogues with custom ROM. Have tried pagepool size at 40MB, but other things get compromised, like opening large file folders takes forever. Your HD2 probably has alot more RAM, so you might do well with a 48MB pagepool size.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I clicked the format card in Android and it really did nothing said format successful, I didn't lose any of the other files on the card, such as what I have on there for Windows Mobile usage. It didn't even pick up and detect the card. I know usually in other SD Android builds it would detect the card and free space and say that was how much space I have in Android.

I may very well pop the card out go into MiniTools and format it normally with the default settings and see what happens. I got all my important stuff moved over to the pc off the card already.

Yea my HD2 is the 1Gb model

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2