PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can i run terminal on the my evo from my windows machine?

is there a way that i can run a terminal emulator on my windows machine similar to how i would directly on the phone itself? to my self and probably others i find it easier to use a full size keyboard win typing command line rather than the soft keyboard. i know about using adb but i am not too familier with what it it. is that basically what its used for and if so would anyone be able to tell me how?
Old 08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Re: can i run terminal on the my evo from my windows machine?

Little project I started to work on could help ya with that. First make sure that our phone has debug mode enabled. If you don't know how to enable go to Settings/Applications/Development and check usb debugging. BTW the app isn't a finished product but works for what you need it to do. Just click reboot into recovery and then click adb shell. This will bring up a root terminal. (Phone must be rooted)
~mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip QuickTerminal.zip (867.0 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Great app Wide, I am gonna give ti a try later just to see what it's like.

Also OP, here is a quick guide I found on how to setup ADB on your machine if you haven't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wi1UagsL5g
Old 08-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Great app Wide, I am gonna give ti a try later just to see what it's like.

Also OP, here is a quick guide I found on how to setup ADB on your machine if you haven't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wi1UagsL5g
Thanks and no problem, its a super simple app that just runs 2 commands for you.

Also OP no need to set anything up, just install driver for your device and run the app.
~mike
Old 08-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Very neat app WA!!! Just gave it a run, very clever. I bet this will be VERY useful for a lot of people.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

sound really good.. im away from home right now but ill def give it a shot later on. thanks!!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Founder & Owner

NP at all, hope it works great for ya. Also just noticed ur from STL. Just moved there myself.
~mike
Old 08-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
NP at all, hope it works great for ya. Also just noticed ur from STL. Just moved there myself.
~mike
I've lived here my entire 25 years. What part of stl did you move to? I live in north county and currently attend school in earth city

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development