PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPB Shell 3D home screen replacement released to Market

SPB Mobile Shell 5.0 is now called SPB Shell 3D and it just got pushed to the Android Market with a crazy price of $14.95. It has a ton of features, but definitely has a bunch of useless eye-candy and that traditional SPB look. Looks like they added an app tray and more to the bottom bar compared to the beta that was out previously.

SPB Shell 3D » Android Software » SPB Software

Last edited by Clipp; 03-30-2011 at 03:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: SPB Shell 3D home screen replacement released to Market

Well that's only about $12.00 more than I would ever be willing to pay lol

But thanks for posting, others may want it bad enough to pay for it. Especially those moving from WM to Android.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Well that's only about $12.00 more than I would ever be willing to pay lol

But thanks for posting, others may want it bad enough to pay for it. Especially those moving from WM to Android.
Yeah, it's way too much. I guess SPB didn't get the memo that Android isn't WinMo... meaning, even the default home screen is decent (sometimes preferred) on Android, plus all the free alternatives available. I bet they'd make more money if they dropped it down to $5.99...
Old 03-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

I bet they would make more dough if they made it a UI like they did with windows. I was waiting for 5.0 to come out as a UI not a home screen. Under the home screen it's still the standerd android UI. REALLY is this the best SPB can do. And I have the paid version for windows and was waiting for 5.0 to come out and get the upgrade for free. BS.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Angry Re: SPB Shell 3D home screen replacement released to Market

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
And I have the paid version for windows and was waiting for 5.0 to come out and get the upgrade for free. BS.
I have an email from them promising me a 50% discount for being a loyal customer whenever the Android version was finally released. I emailed them the other day to ask them how I can use the discount and they basically said, "Oh, sorry, with the way the Android Market is works, theres actually noway we can give you the discount. Sorry!"
Old 04-01-2011, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

For $15 I wish there was a trial option (the refund period from the marketplace isnt much time for evaluation). It looks pretty but I still think launcher pro is a better alternative. and the upgrade is only 1/3 the price.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:00 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post
For $15 I wish there was a trial option (the refund period from the marketplace isnt much time for evaluation). It looks pretty but I still think launcher pro is a better alternative. and the upgrade is only 1/3 the price.
i test for spb and was told there is a 30day trial? if thats false i will ask why in beta forums and tell them its needed. not saying they will listen but worth a shot. it really is a sweet but not 14$ sweet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i test for spb and was told there is a 30day trial? if thats false i will ask why in beta forums and tell them its needed. not saying they will listen but worth a shot. it really is a sweet but not 14$ sweet.
I hope they do listen, and also drop the price too.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 04-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

$15!?!? Let's review some of the things I can buy for $15.

• Approximately 3 gallons of gas
  • lunch for my wife and I at the Italian place across from our offices (that includes all you can drink pop, iced tea, or lemonade)
  • 6 pairs of mens underwear at Fred Meyer (12 when they have their "buy 1 get 1 free" deal)
  • 3 packs of D'Addario EJ22 guitar strings
  • 4 or 5 "expensive" apps from the Market
  • 24, 20 ounce bottles of Powerade from Safeway (may need your member card to get the deal though)
  • 2 adult tickets to a matinee
  • 1 tube of Chamois Butter....
I'm sure there are more...but that's just off the topic of my head.

late,
Coz

edit: No, I would not spend $15 on SPB's new launcher.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Ahh yes, another Coz list to put things in perspective

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games

Tags
android, launcher, mobile shell, mobile shell 5.0, spb shell 3d