PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272
Yahoo Video Chat Download

I didn't see this posted anywhere. I found this on XDA so I take no credit for it. The links provided are for Yahoo Messenger with the video chat.

Uninstall any version of Yahoo Messenger first. Then install both files. Original XDA thread is located here:
Yahoo Messanger with video! Download from this thread now!!! - xda-developers

Last edited by Will7272; 10-20-2010 at 03:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Yahoo Video Chat Download

Works like a charm from EVO to Iphone. MUUUUCH clearer than FRING, TANGO, QUK. Very fast over 3g
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Smile .oO Tutorial Oo. Yahoo Video Chat on Evo Today!

As a super noob to android myself, there is nothing I love more than very easy to follow step by step instructions for how to do something. So...

Last night I came across two apk files which allowed me to use yahoo video chat on my evo. So, I did the install and have awesome video chat on my evo between pc and other evo's. Tomorrow I'm gonna try it on my girlfriends Epic. (will post results)

Please understand that I wrote these instructions so that even the noobiest of the noobs (like myself can understand them and be up and running in 10 mins) Most users here wont need the extra help but a few will so here it is... Step by step instructions.

***IMPORTANT*** IF YOU CURRENTLY USE FRING, AND HAVE YAHOO SIGNED ON PLEASE OPEN FRING PUSH MENU > ADD-ONS AND REMOVE YAHOO BEFORE COMPLETING THE STEPS BELOW.

***IMPORTANT*** IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE ANY APPLICATION THAT USES YAHOO MESSENGER ON YOUR PHONE PLEASE TURN IT OFF OR UNINSTALL IT.

1. open marketplace and search for apk installer it may be about 5 items down... install the one with a green android guy in front of a brown box its called apkinstaller and its made by android-wallpapers.com it is free.

2. connect your phone to your computer (select disk drive > Done on your phone) on your computer, a popup should ask you how you want to work with the drive... please select Open folder to view files. (this is on windows 7, vista and xp should be similar)

3. right click on the root of the sd card (root in this case means not in any folder or other application... in other words, look for blank space) and select new>folder. Name the folder filedump.

4. save the two files that i have included in this post to the file dump folder. You may now disconnect your phone from the computer.

5. go to your phones home screen and push the menu button on the bottom of your phone > Settings > Applications > make sure that the box next to unknown sources is checked.

6. go to your applications list and find apkinstaller (it should be up toward the top) open it

7. find the folder you created called filedump. Open it

8. first install yahoo_im.apk after the install is complete do not open it.

9. install yahoo_imvideo.apk (you should not have the option to open this one but if you do, dont open it)

10. push the home button on the bottom of your phone.

11. push menu on the bottom of your phone. settings> applications uncheck unknown sources (this step is not required but I do it anyway)

12. push home again and go back to your list of apps. find Messenger with the yellow smiley. open it and sign in. (if you have never created a yahoo id click here http://mail.yahoo.com to do it. (yes its free) just create an id and then use it to sign on your phone.

13. Once you have signed in push menu > add contact enter jimmie321 (this step is also not required LOL)

How to make a video call

1. go to messenger app
2. find the online buddy you would like to chat with.
3. select them
4. push menu > video

or

1. go to messenger app
2. find the online buddy you would like to chat with.
3. Push and hold there name > select video

Thats it! Now you have yahoo messenger video chat. I have tested it and works abosultly flawlessly on wifi and has about a 1 second delay on 3g but if your signal is strong you should only see about a .5 second delay. I tested it...

Evo to iphone 4... perfect
Evo to computer... perfect
Evo to Evo... perfect
Next test... Evo to epic

Thanks to matthewjulian at xda for posting the two apk files
(source) Yahoo Messanger with video! Download from this thread now!!! - xda-developers

As someone who often asks for help in these forums, I have no problem helping anyone who needs extra help this. So feel free to ask and I will help with whatever I can.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Yahoo_im.apk (1.47 MB, 743 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: apk Yahoo_imvideo.apk (5.33 MB, 555 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Almost a VIP

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

@Will7272 aww man I think you may have posted this while I was writting the tutorial. LOL

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...evo-today.html
Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff
Re: .oO Tutorial Oo. Yahoo Video Chat on Evo Today!

I read this on android central this morning been vid chatting alot today, only thing i wished they had was Video Evo to MSN since you can have msn contacts on yahoo but you cant video chat with them =[ ohwell =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 10-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Almost a VIP

@physcoAssassinx In my opinion it looks and sounds a lot better than fring and qik. What do you think?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:37 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

threads merged....
Old 10-19-2010, 01:40 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

When I try video and SMS are grayed out for some reason...
Old 10-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

thanks for the share. i posted an article about it. if i missed something let me know and i'll update the article

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-19-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Here are you instructions without connecting to a computer. I just installed using this method, worked like a charm. Connected from Evo to PC

***IMPORTANT*** IF YOU CURRENTLY USE FRING, AND HAVE YAHOO SIGNED ON PLEASE OPEN FRING PUSH MENU > ADD-ONS AND REMOVE YAHOO BEFORE COMPLETING THE STEPS BELOW.

***IMPORTANT*** IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE ANY APPLICATION THAT USES YAHOO MESSENGER ON YOUR PHONE PLEASE TURN IT OFF OR UNINSTALL IT.

1. open marketplace and search for apkinstaller... install the one with a green android guy in front of a brown box its called apkinstaller and its made by android-wallpapers.com it is free.

2. go to your phones home screen and push the menu button on the bottom of your phone > Settings > Applications > make sure that the box next to unknown sources is checked.

3. Click the two links I posted below. After you click on the link it will take you back to this email. Close this email and go to the Internet and you should see a pop up that say Download (make sure you allow pop ups. Do this for both links)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...d-yahoo_im.apk

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...oo_imvideo.apk

4. Open APKInstaller, scroll down to "DOWNLOAD" ***NOT downloadS****
5. install Yahoo IM (when it's finished installing do not open)
6. install yahoo_Imvideo file
7. enjoy (To use go into a convo and click menu) allows you to flip form front and rear cam too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
As a super noob to android myself, there is nothing I love more than very easy to follow step by step instructions for how to do something. So...

Last night I came across two apk files which allowed me to use yahoo video chat on my evo. So, I did the install and have awesome video chat on my evo between pc and other evo's. Tomorrow I'm gonna try it on my girlfriends Epic. (will post results)

Please understand that I wrote these instructions so that even the noobiest of the noobs (like myself can understand them and be up and running in 10 mins) Most users here wont need the extra help but a few will so here it is... Step by step instructions.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games

Tags
fring, messenger, qik, video chat, yahoo