PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jrob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO users - Ready for Automatic Phone Call Recording? It's WORKING!!!!!

besides the obvious, what do you use the call recorder for?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Me personally, I record call in case I need to recap instructions, tasks, directions, etc that are relayed to me via phone conversation.

It has save my but many a times when my boss has called me on the road to tell me that he has a high priority tasks he needs me to handle ASAP. It's tough to take notes while on the phone and driving...

I also like to recap conference calls and things of that nature to ensure I took everything in...

It's a handy-dandy little tool in my toolbox...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Someone should try this on FroYo to see if it does internal recording and not from the mic.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:26 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by D\/8 View Post
Me personally, I record call in case I need to recap instructions, tasks, directions, etc that are relayed to me via phone conversation.

It has save my but many a times when my boss has called me on the road to tell me that he has a high priority tasks he needs me to handle ASAP. It's tough to take notes while on the phone and driving...

I also like to recap conference calls and things of that nature to ensure I took everything in...

It's a handy-dandy little tool in my toolbox...
This what I used resco recorder for...saved my butt numerous times in complex meetings...I want another one to use that really works...the search is on...
Old 06-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

easy1 is a n00b

Works on the 002 EVO. The soft recording level on the incoming side is true but not as bad as it sounds. You can hear the other caller OK.

Getting phone recording and Slingplayer on one day is wonderful.

Now, if we can get Skype, I'll have everything my TP2 had, and a lot more.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy1 View Post
Now, if we can get Skype, I'll have everything my TP2 had, and a lot more.
Have you tried Skype over fring? Not perfect, but works well (with a good data connection) for a video phone.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

coolguy949 is becoming a great contributor

Fring is horrendous. I can't wait for Skype to be updated. Now that Skype has released their SDK we might even see better implementations. Fring works but it's very cumbersome. I heard the new version is infested with ads. I haven't updated to it.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Ready for Automatic Phone Call Recording? It's WORKING!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D\/8 View Post
Sounds like a whole bunch of loop-holes to me...

Give Phone Recording v1.0 a try... It doesn't automatically record the call but gives you a pop-up everytime you make or receive a call asking if you'd like to record. A simple Yes or no and then you can answer the phone... Works pretty good so far...

Can't remember where I found it and wasn't able to find it on the Market or find any information via Google so I am assuming it is a free app... There's no usage rights or licensing info listed anywhere in the app either...

Here are the details:
Name: Pocket Recording
Version: 1.0
Developer: Yabin Lu
eMail: Naolin@126.com

Hope you like!

Edit: BTW, same deal with the recordings... Volume for the party on the other end is much lower... Recordings save as .amr and automatically save to sdcard/cr folder... Files are titled as Phone Number>Date>time and playback can be preformed outside of the application using the HTC player... Haven't tried to transfer to PC and play using WM Player...
Sounds okay, but ACR had the YES/No question at the END of the call, at the point where you would know if you really wanted to save it. Having to decide before, while better perhaps than recording them all, still leaves a lot to be desired. You might end up recording No Answer calls, trivial calls, etc.

Does it label the files any better than vRecorder?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

josephb76 is a n00b

Hi all...I'm looking to buy an EVO this week but I need an app that records telephone calls. I've looked everywhere and found nothing but apps with bad user reviews.
I don't know why Google doesnt make the development easier. It's perfectly legal to recard calls in my state (NY) and I am a recovering 9/11 volunteer that recirds medical related calls, especially when driving, to review the medication names later.
I am still stuck with my Palm Centro bc it has a great app called mVoice which records all calls, times & numbers.
Can somebody please list or provide a recording app that really works with EVO??
I need an app, not a service.

Thank you in advance. My health depends on it.

JB
Old 07-06-2010, 04:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephb76 View Post
Hi all...I'm looking to buy an EVO this week but I need an app that records telephone calls. I've looked everywhere and found nothing but apps with bad user reviews.
I don't know why Google doesnt make the development easier. It's perfectly legal to recard calls in my state (NY) and I am a recovering 9/11 volunteer that recirds medical related calls, especially when driving, to review the medication names later.
I am still stuck with my Palm Centro bc it has a great app called mVoice which records all calls, times & numbers.
Can somebody please list or provide a recording app that really works with EVO??
I need an app, not a service.

Thank you in advance. My health depends on it.

JB
vRecorder works well enough

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games