PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
drop box on android

this could be pretty useful

http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...p-dropbox-beta

see next post for more awesome data!

Last edited by orangekid; 05-06-2010 at 12:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Dropbox for Android is here!!!!

If I "refer" you, both of us get an extra 250MB of space. So if you plan on signing up and you want 2.25gigs instead of 2gigs, click here:

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTY0MjU0Mzk5

Again, you don't have to, and I wouldn't post it if it only helped me... but this will actually help everyone who uses it... and I would suggest being referred to the site over just signing up.

For those who aren't sure what Dropbox is, Dropbox enables you to have a single "folder" on your desktop that syncs with the dropbox website. Your phone can then access the website and retrieve all of the files. If you update a file on your phone, it pushes the update online, and your computer will update accordingly with the newer file. If you update a file on your computer, the dropbox website updates with the newer file... and you can then retrieve that file with your Android smartphone. It also has a "shared" folder that you can share with friends. You can also have a Dropbox folder on multiple computers (I have one on both work computers, a Mac + a PC, my Incredible, and my Omnia).

P.S. Check THIS out:

The Android intro tutorial lists one interesting feature:

Launch your phone’s built-in camera
while running Dropbox and your
photos and videos will upload to your
Dropbox instantly. When you use this
feature together with Dropbox shared
folders, these files are synced to your
friends’ and family’s computers
instantly!

I expect this is going to be many people's most popular use of Dropbox.

The Dropbox to install on your Android is in the market BTW

Last edited by syrguy1969; 05-06-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Dropbox for Android is here!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
If I "refer" you, both of us get an extra 250MB of space. So if you plan on signing up and you want 2.25gigs instead of 2gigs, click here:

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTY0MjU0Mzk5

Again, you don't have to, and I wouldn't post it if it only helped me... but this will actually help everyone who uses it... and I would suggest being referred to the site over just signing up.

For those who aren't sure what Dropbox is, Dropbox enables you to have a single "folder" on your desktop that syncs with the dropbox website. Your phone can then access the website and retrieve all of the files. If you update a file on your phone, it pushes the update online, and your computer will update accordingly with the newer file. If you update a file on your computer, the dropbox website updates with the newer file... and you can then retrieve that file with your Android smartphone. It also has a "shared" folder that you can share with friends. You can also have a Dropbox folder on multiple computers (I have one on both work computers, a Mac + a PC, my Incredible, and my Omnia).

P.S. Check THIS out:

The Android intro tutorial lists one interesting feature:

Launch your phone’s built-in camera
while running Dropbox and your
photos and videos will upload to your
Dropbox instantly. When you use this
feature together with Dropbox shared
folders, these files are synced to your
friends’ and family’s computers
instantly!

I expect this is going to be many people's most popular use of Dropbox.

The Dropbox to install on your Android is in the market BTW
merged with an already exising thread about the same app
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Dropbox for Android is here!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
merged with an already exising thread about the same app
Ah....sorry I did the search as 'Dropbox', as one word, not as two words! As long as the word is out!!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: drop box on android

Thanks syrguy1969. Just signed up using your link.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 05-07-2010, 01:21 PM
VIP Member

Blazingwolf!! Glad to see ya! You still on the Omnia, or into Android now? I thought I have seen you around the Android forums!

(P.S. thanks for the extra memory LOL)
Old 05-07-2010, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Blazingwolf!! Glad to see ya! You still on the Omnia, or into Android now? I thought I have seen you around the Android forums!

(P.S. thanks for the extra memory LOL)
I picked up a Droid when it dropped. I'm around the Droid forums but not as much as I used to be.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games