PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Handcent not showing contact pictures...

Hey all, yesterday, Handcent stopped showing my contact pictures when I am viewing the list of messages. Also the stock messenger isn't showing the contact pics either. I have reflashed twice, and am running the Fresh1.1 rom. Any thoughts??

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:14 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Handcent not showing contact pictures...

Is your phone book and people widget showing pictures?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Is your phone book and people widget showing pictures?
yes all contacts still show, and the facebook updates my contacts list.... hmm... dont know what the problem is..
Old 02-08-2010, 12:15 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know that handcent has an option to disable pictures. I dont know if this would affect the stock app or not but you can check to make sure it is on. Main thread screen, select settings and then there is an option that says Display contact picture. Are all of your contact pictures from facebook or are some just ones that you assigned to contacts?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
I know that handcent has an option to disable pictures. I dont know if this would affect the stock app or not but you can check to make sure it is on. Main thread screen, select settings and then there is an option that says Display contact picture. Are all of your contact pictures from facebook or are some just ones that you assigned to contacts?
Yeah I understand all that, I work for Sprint, so I am well versed in the Hero and handcent, but I cannot figure out why none of my contacts are showing in any of my messeging apps. We had a storm this last weekend, so my thought was that it was some sort of network error, but now I'm not sure.... All of my contacts pics are form FB...
Old 02-08-2010, 12:39 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Yeah I understand all that, I work for Sprint, so I am well versed in the Hero and handcent, but I cannot figure out why none of my contacts are showing in any of my messeging apps. We had a storm this last weekend, so my thought was that it was some sort of network error, but now I'm not sure.... All of my contacts pics are form FB...
Sorry couldnt help. I went and checked mine and they all seem to be working. I am wondering if it has something to do with flashing issues. I found the other day that when I select menu>wallpaper>lockscreen, the option to select album or wallpaper gallery is no longer available and i know for a fact that when i first got this phone, that option was available. I even flashed to stock and everything, still never came back. I wonder if weird flashes are causing things to stick.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Yeah maybe, but they were working fine after I reflashed fresh1.1 2 days ago. They just stopped showing up yesterday....
Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I fixed it with a Hard Reset.... =(

I think what I did was in the boot screen where you would run a flash, I went to other/fix apk uid mismatches.

I don't know what that does, but that is when the contacts would no longer show up on the messaging apps I have....
Old 09-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc desire
Carrier: vodafone

honeybunny is a n00b

OK, I registered just to give a weird solution. The same thing happened today to me, though I am not very sure what exactly I did. I managed to bring back the pics in both sms applications doing the following:
- if the contact is linked to FB, unlink
- re-add a photo for the unlinked and the never linked contacts
Ta-daa... Which still sux, cause u have to do this for every contact manually and no more updated avatar/status etc from FB. And if you try to re-link the contacts, the pics disappear again. :/
Any other solutions that would help that too?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Android Apps and Games.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games