PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   WP7 On The HD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=312)
-   -   Windows Phone 7 for HD2 (WP7 software update) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139591)

Improve 01-13-2011 03:44 AM

Windows Phone 7 for HD2 (WP7 software update)

Good morning ladies and gentalmen, Thanks to Dark Forces Team and Cotulla this is now a reallity! I have flashed it and am running it now. Its very smooth you need MAGLDR 1.12 and the WP7 ROM. I can not post the links here as the official release has not yet been dropped by Cotulla (yet). More than likely it will be released this Friday over at xda-devs. However if you would like more info hit me up on twitter as I have posted many links and info there. I wanted to share this great info with the HD2 community at PPCGEEKS, enjoy! and happy flashing, oh and it runs smooth, very smooth, Im loving it.:headbang:

orangekid 01-13-2011 09:16 AM

Re: Windows Phone 7 for HD2 is here!

thanks man, I can't wait to flash this bad boy.

Wil Badger 01-13-2011 09:51 AM

Or you could just go to XDA and find that others have already posted the links there as well as mirrors. Last I checked there were atleast 3 or 4 threads about the same thing.

orangekid 01-13-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wil Badger (Post 2035904)
Or you could just go to XDA and find that others have already posted the links there as well as mirrors. Last I checked there were atleast 3 or 4 threads about the same thing.

mods have taken down the links and even with Chrome and I can't get my registration thru to download the attachment, so I'm still looking for it...

edit: nevermind i found it.

Noir 01-13-2011 12:09 PM

I have to say the sound on the hd2 is amazing with wp7...
as for everything else its okay the screen sensitivity sucks here though but otherwise save from the microsd card this is a great wp7 device...
and with free htc dll access =)
hacking a bound!!!

orangekid 01-13-2011 04:51 PM

yeah this is pretty incredible. from turning the phone on it goes thru HSPL3, MAGLDR, bootscreen, bootanim, and my homescreen is ready to use in about 35 seconds. The thing is fast, fluid, smooth, and fully functional (still working on the Live Services part, I need a vista machine to use the unlocker so I'll have to get full access tomorrow)

and to think I can also boot Android if I want to from the same phone, this thing is just the sickest phone ever.

Cotulla is actively working on the MeeGo port too

Improve 01-13-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 2035915)
mods have taken down the links and even with Chrome and I can't get my registration thru to download the attachment, so I'm still looking for it...

edit: nevermind i found it.

Hey orangekid I have seen you on many of the forums I frequent, your welcome, I like your flavor neighbor.:headbang:

Improve 01-13-2011 05:45 PM

Windows Phone 7 on HD2 w/100% live services

ALSO I WANTED TO ANOUNCE THIS HERE!

I just called here in the US. the # I dialed was 1(800) 642 - 7676 The 2 men I spoke to where dismissive, they immediately told me to call my carrier Tmobile or The device manufacturer HTC. I explained this is an MSphone problem. I asked him what help would they be? Im not having a hardware or service problem, im having a Microsoft Live account/services problem. They both explained that MS does not have Windows Phone 7 support yet, and again just repeated you need to contact your bla bla bla. Maybe ill call tonight and get someone whose willing to help.

LINK TO MS LIVE SERVICE SUPPORT PAGE

EDIT: Persistence my friends persistence. Be polite, know what your taking about and you will get your Product license activation code. Running 100% on my HD2 =D>

Improve 01-14-2011 12:19 AM

Lastly, Here is a great Tutorial by bazgee over at XDA. Its very well written. Check it out it breaks down the final steps to get it running with all its features like Chevron unlocker, and zune player. Enjoy!

Links to MAGLDR 1.12 and WP7 Rom =D>:headbang:

mgioia2 01-14-2011 08:50 AM

Got my Live Services activated last night in about 5 minutes, working on Chevron now but i'll have to wait until i get home for a Vista/Win7 machine...bleh...