PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best financial reminder opinions....

I would like to have a Today plug-in that can serve as an easy to use, not too laden-down with additions, and low impact app!! All I want this to do, is to be able to enter payment schedules, and keep track of when they are due. Being able to set-up two profiles would be helpful as well. I know Tasks can do this (to a point), but it isn't exactly the easiest to use, and does not seem to use alternating schedules too well. I looked at SPB Finance, but it handles so much, I think it is over-kill. I don't want to enter an original amount and have it subtracted with every transaction, I only want a log of bill reminders.

I know I may get flamed for not wanting to use tasks, but I was wondering if there was an easy, light app like that out there!!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bsadler is a n00b
God I would love something like this too!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Russellhi is just getting started
bump, I have to second this one
Old 10-31-2007, 10:59 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
recurring calendar entries don't work for you?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I would like to have a Today plug-in that can serve as an easy to use, not too laden-down with additions, and low impact app!! All I want this to do, is to be able to enter payment schedules, and keep track of when they are due. Being able to set-up two profiles would be helpful as well. I know Tasks can do this (to a point), but it isn't exactly the easiest to use, and does not seem to use alternating schedules too well. I looked at SPB Finance, but it handles so much, I think it is over-kill. I don't want to enter an original amount and have it subtracted with every transaction, I only want a log of bill reminders.

I know I may get flamed for not wanting to use tasks, but I was wondering if there was an easy, light app like that out there!!
While not a Today plug-in or a financial app, I am using a .csv (comma separated values) file within the calendar program that seems to do exactly what you're looking for. The file I'm using contains the season schedule for the Tampa Bay Lightning (yes, I'm a hockey geek as well as a PPC geek). The file plots all the upcoming games for the season on the calendar, integrates seamlessly with SPB mobile shell to show games for the upcoming week on their "Now" screen, and sounds a reminder 15 min prior to the start of each game. I don't see why this wouldn't work for upcoming payments just as easily.

I have never created a .csv file, but a quick Google search turned up a lot of info on them. If you want to test the format, you can download the file here:
http://lightning.nhl.com/team/app/?s...l_content_1382
Old 11-01-2007, 09:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtndvm View Post
While not a Today plug-in or a financial app, I am using a .csv (comma separated values) file within the calendar program that seems to do exactly what you're looking for. The file I'm using contains the season schedule for the Tampa Bay Lightning (yes, I'm a hockey geek as well as a PPC geek). The file plots all the upcoming games for the season on the calendar, integrates seamlessly with SPB mobile shell to show games for the upcoming week on their "Now" screen, and sounds a reminder 15 min prior to the start of each game. I don't see why this wouldn't work for upcoming payments just as easily.

I have never created a .csv file, but a quick Google search turned up a lot of info on them. If you want to test the format, you can download the file here:
http://lightning.nhl.com/team/app/?s...l_content_1382
I will look into that. Adding items to the calendar is an alternative I have used before, but was trying to find something a bit more visually easy. I have been looking at SPB Finance, and while it is great with having all your bills listed at a glance, and seems to send reminder bubbles, the app tends to run on a running balance, assuming you always enter deposits, or they are all the same, it would work great. I am going to run it a bit longer and see what happens when you get in the red. Plus....the app has so much to it, I am only planning on using about 1/10 of its capabilities, that is why I was looking for something smaller. Anyone know anything about SPBH's MyList?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software