PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: PagePlusCellular

Fixup is keeping up the good workFixup is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Speed up Opera Mobile!

1) Open URL: opera:config, click Adaptive Zoom, change all zoom fields to 200, save. This will avoid the need of double-click to zoom. You may use 160 etc. if you have good eyes.

2) Author Display Mode, check all checkboxes, at least the "User CSS". This will allow you to load your customized CSS to block unwanted content and do many other tweaks as well.

3) User Prefs, Local CSS file. Remember the location, mine is:

"\Windows\Opera9\styles\user.css"

4) Unzip the attachment and copy it to above location. Soft reset.

The user.css blocks flash and blinking or scrolling text. Youtube is not blocked and you can add your own white list. You can still see the full text, they just no longer blink or scroll.

By blocking these resource-hog dynamic content (almost all are advertisements), your browsing experience will be MUCH faster and smoother, peaceful too. And, your phone runs cool with longer battery life.

You may edit the user.css file to do all kind of tricks. For example, this will block iFrame with a white list:

Code:
iframe[src]:not(.ucContent)
{
	content: -o-skin("Window Document Icon") attr(src);
	-o-link: "javascript:document.activeElement.className+=' ucContent';void(0);"; 
	-o-link-source: current;
	border: 2px dashed #c00 !important;
	font: normal normal normal 10pt sans-serif !important;
	padding: 1px !important;
	display: inline-block !important;
	height: auto !important;
}
Of course, above tricks are not for Diamond only, they apply to all versions of Opera including desktop. BTW, the latest Opera 10 is simply the best browser, far more efficient than FireFox.
Attached Files
File Type: zip user.zip (559 Bytes, 109 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Fixup; 10-11-2009 at 05:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

aikidoka is just getting started
Re: Speed up Opera Mobile!

Unfortunately I have serious problems with Opera 10. The problems began with 9.xxx. I thought I had fixed the problems when I recently found a corrupted file that could not be read or deleted that was in an older version opera installation folder. I did a clean install and still have multiple crashes every day. Many times I'm not at the computer and Opera has long finished loading the page and it crashes.

No reply from Opera despite multiple bug and crash reports. I'm getting to the point of just going back to IE and using outlook for all my email. It seems the opera/fanboy mentality is that it can't be opera's fault.

That being said Opera mini and mobile work great on my phone.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoka View Post
Unfortunately I have serious problems with Opera 10. The problems began with 9.xxx. I thought I had fixed the problems when I recently found a corrupted file that could not be read or deleted that was in an older version opera installation folder. I did a clean install and still have multiple crashes every day. Many times I'm not at the computer and Opera has long finished loading the page and it crashes.

No reply from Opera despite multiple bug and crash reports. I'm getting to the point of just going back to IE and using outlook for all my email. It seems the opera/fanboy mentality is that it can't be opera's fault.

That being said Opera mini and mobile work great on my phone.
Opera 10 has been working great for me, with one exception ... it won't open my online Sprint account properly formatted. For the moment I have stopped using Firefox or Google Chrome ...
Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok, a bit confused with the thread conversation. Are you saying there is a Opera Mobile 10?? And it is having problems? Or are you guys just talking about Opera Desktop? Thanks

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 AM
VIP Member

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Ok, a bit confused with the thread conversation. Are you saying there is a Opera Mobile 10?? And it is having problems? Or are you guys just talking about Opera Desktop? Thanks
Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about Opera 10 (desktop), although the thread is about configuring/optimizing Opera Mobile.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Opera 10 has been working great for me, with one exception ... it won't open my online Sprint account properly formatted. For the moment I have stopped using Firefox or Google Chrome ...
I think I got my Sprint account to work by masking it as IE for that site. I had major problems with TV guide's website and that fixed it for the most part. The only glitch is that program details will expand but be empty.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about Opera 10 (desktop), although the thread is about configuring/optimizing Opera Mobile.
Yeah, sorry about the threadjack.

Back to regular programming
Old 10-12-2009, 02:41 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoka View Post
I think I got my Sprint account to work by masking it as IE for that site. I had major problems with TV guide's website and that fixed it for the most part. The only glitch is that program details will expand but be empty.
I appreciate the help ... worked great. NOW, back to the topic at hand ...
Old 10-13-2009, 02:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

I wish the fix was a lil more explicit for retards like me so I could get it optimized too. What is the cab file in the Orig post for?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software