PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mini 5 Beta 2

Are you guys unable to enter any URL with any soft keyboard? For me, Opera Mini closes when I click inside the URL box.

The Google search field is ok, but not the URL field.

Arghh, this is so frustrating!

Last edited by dsi76; 12-03-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Mini Beta 5 ( One Cab Install)

Threads merged.

late,
Coz
Old 12-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Hey

So it's still happening to you on Beta 2 then, I guess?

I did file an official bug report with Beta 1.

I guess since we are on 2 different Jbeds, it's not that.

Is there a newer Jbed that supports VGA to even try?

I guess I'll just turn off fullscreen edit and use it that way. The only thing is that entering numbers on the hardware keyboard is weird that way and the JV Smartmort that makes Mini the "default" takes a lot longer to paste in the URL that way.

Still, this lockup issue is way worse and you just can't use it at all that way really.
I am using it now with the Opera keyboard, but whenever I need to use my regular keyboard I just press and hold on the text field till I get "Fullscreen Edit", and I select it. Then when I am done entering text I don't get lockups with the soft keys at the bottom anymore. This is actually a better option than presetting Fullscreen Editing in the Settings menu because it gives you the option to cut and paste easily when you have the Opera keyboard (and the bug no longer happens in fullscreen editing either).
Old 12-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
Are you guys unable to enter any URL with any soft keyboard? For me, Opera Mini closes when I click inside the URL box.

The Google search field is ok, but not the URL field.

Arghh, this is so frustrating!
I've had that happen a couple of times, but not enough to make it a complete dealbreaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsi76 View Post
I am using it now with the Opera keyboard, but whenever I need to use my regular keyboard I just press and hold on the text field till I get "Fullscreen Edit", and I select it. Then when I am done entering text I don't get lockups with the soft keys at the bottom anymore. This is actually a better option than presetting Fullscreen Editing in the Settings menu because it gives you the option to cut and paste easily when you have the Opera keyboard (and the bug no longer happens in fullscreen editing either).
That's great, except, for me, right now, the main reason I want to use fullscreen edit is so that JZSmartmort can paste in URLs much faster. With the opera editor, every time a number comes up, the script has to cycle through all of the symbols to get a number to come up and that's very slow compared to it just pasting the whole url right into fullscreen edit mode.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I've had that happen a couple of times, but not enough to make it a complete dealbreaker.

That's great, except, for me, right now, the main reason I want to use fullscreen edit is so that JZSmartmort can paste in URLs much faster. With the opera editor, every time a number comes up, the script has to cycle through all of the symbols to get a number to come up and that's very slow compared to it just pasting the whole url right into fullscreen edit mode.
Yeah I observed the same problem with his script.

For the address issue, I removed all my bookmarks and then it worked. I think it had a problem when syncing my Opera Mini 4.2 bookmarks. I added them back manually, and so far no problems.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

What "address" issue are you referring to?

Any the issue with JZSmartmort isn't due to his script. It's a problem with Opera Mini. It's the same thing with my hardware keyboard. If I want to type 1 on my hardware keyboard, I have to hit the one key multiple times as it cycles though various symbols.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
What "address" issue are you referring to?
It's the one I mentioned above, where if you click in the address field the Opera Mini 5 beta 2 shuts down. It was resolved by removing all my bookmarks.

Quote:
Any the issue with JZSmartmort isn't due to his script. It's a problem with Opera Mini. It's the same thing with my hardware keyboard. If I want to type 1 on my hardware keyboard, I have to hit the one key multiple times as it cycles though various symbols.
Yeah there are still a few issues with this beta of Opera Mini, but they are few and minor. I have resumed using it as my full-time browser and no longer use Opera Mobile 10 beta 2 (too slow and too much data consuming in comparison).
Old 12-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
Hey riley mind posting the cab here as the second link you posted for all in one seems to take me to a page to report something lol...

edit never mind, here is the link =]

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=5064075
Nice. Thanked you.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

fekri is a n00b

gooooooooooooooood
Old 02-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 8525
Carrier: globe

enzan666 is a n00b

no network konex0n detected po ang cnasabi.. phelp nmanpo, mraming-maraming salamat po in advance!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software