PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

acidbath is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which Registry Editor?

So I want to change the registry on a couple of items, but I can't seem to find a good free registry editor. Which one do you all recommend? Evidently my old grey hairs must be preventing me from finding one through searching. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buckrub58 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Which Registry Editor?

The PHM editor works great on my TP2.

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:34 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I prefer dotfred (FDCSoft) taksmanager.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

phm
Old 09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

SKTools. Does a lot more than a registry editor, but from a reg editor perspective it has some great options...export registry key to a .reg file, convert a REG to a CAB, etc. The other recommendations offered above may do some or all of this too. I can only comment on what I use.

I also use to use the Resco Explorer registry plug-in. That worked really well as a basic editor, and was a great / logical extension of the explorer app itself i.e. it was integrated right into Resco Explorer and just showed the registry hives as extra expandable folders.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Banned User
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
SKTools. Does a lot more than a registry editor, but from a reg editor perspective it has some great options...export registry key to a .reg file, convert a REG to a CAB, etc. The other recommendations offered above may do some or all of this too. I can only comment on what I use.

I also use to use the Resco Explorer registry plug-in. That worked really well as a basic editor, and was a great / logical extension of the explorer app itself i.e. it was integrated right into Resco Explorer and just showed the registry hives as extra expandable folders.
I have used Total Commander for my registry edits, but I've noticed that with SKtools, some of the cleanups have actually deleted some of my important key entries. They tell you they aren't important ones, but it turns out that it deleted some file associations and my default web browser keys.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

acidbath is a n00b

Thanks all for your help! As always this community really rocks.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I have used Total Commander for my registry edits, but I've noticed that with SKtools, some of the cleanups have actually deleted some of my important key entries. They tell you they aren't important ones, but it turns out that it deleted some file associations and my default web browser keys.
Yuck! Personally, from a registry tools perspective only, I only use SKTools to edit the registry, plus export keys and convert exported keys to cabs. I never 'optimize' the registry using any tools that may be included in SKTools...and for good reason by tbe sounds of it (:
Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post

I agree with both of these suggestions. I also love SOTI Pocket Controller for navigating and editing the registry directly from my laptop. It's so much easier to do a bunch of changes all at once.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I agree with both of these suggestions. I also love SOTI Pocket Controller for navigating and editing the registry directly from my laptop. It's so much easier to do a bunch of changes all at once.
CeRegEditor will do that too...allow you to edit your WM registry from your desktop.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software