PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 03:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Cool [6-22-09] Auto Call Recorder v1.1

Original Post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=528507

This app records call conversations automatically.

I take no credit in making this app, just posting it here for everyone to use it.

(Be forewarned this app is illegal in some states and countries)

Code:
ACR – Auto Call Recorder
First a Warning! This application is not legal in all countries/states. Check first before you use this software as you could get into serious trouble in some areas.

This Application does what the title says; it records your phone calls automatically. It automatically detects when you are on an incoming or outgoing call and then records the conversation to the folder you specify. It saves the call as a file in the format of [Direction] [FileAs] [Phone Number] [Call Length]

Installation:
Copy the cab file to your device and execute it but double clicking on it in a program such as Explorer/Total Commander/Resco File Explorer. You can install the program to either the device or the storage card.
Next go to your programs folder and you will see a new Icon for Auto Call Recorder. Click on the Icon and the options for Auto Call Recorder will be displayed. Once you have chosen your options click the Enable Recording button on the File Tab and close the Options Program. That’s it you are now automatically recording any calls your device has.

Options:
File Tab
This tab has a button to enable and disable the call recorder. The effect is not instantaneous as the Options Program has to communicate with the Recorder Process so when you press the button give it a couple of seconds to update itself. I didn’t include the options in the recorder process to conserve resources so this is the trade off.
The File Tab also contains a Textbox for the path to save the files to. Some example paths are:
"\" Records to the root path of the device
"\Storage Card\" Records to the root of the Storage Card
"\Storage Card\Calls\" Records to the folder ‘Calls’ in the Storage Card.

Recording Tab
The recording tab contains the setting for the file to be recorded. First is the Wav format. This is either PCM or GSM6.10 PCM is a ‘raw’ wav format that will use about 1MB per minute. I have included this format for devices that do not support GSM6.10. The other format GSM6.10 is a ‘compressed’ Wav format and consumes approximately 30kB per minute. Obviously this is the preferred choice.

Bits per channel are either 8 or 16 bits. 16 bits is the preferred choice but I have also included 8 bits for slower devices. 

Samples per Second are the number of samples taken each second. This is a matter of preference/device capability. The choices are 8000, 11025, 16000, 22050, 32000, 44100, 48000, 96000 and 192000Hz. If you have a slow device then you are better starting from the bottom and working your way up by testing to see which the best is for you. If you have a newer device then it is more a choice of how much space you want to use as the higher the number the more space the file will use. Also your device may not support the higher frequencies so I recommend starting with something like 48000Hz. If you set the frequency to high you will get gaps in your recordings.

Read Me Tab
This tab contains a small readme file and some credits. No settings.

Uninstalling:
To uninstall Auto Call Recorder disable recording in the ACR options first before uninstalling the Cab.

Devices:
This programs has been reported to work on the following devices:

Samsung Omnia, Sony Ericsson X1, HTC Kaiser, HTC Diamond, HTC Diamond 2, HTC Trinity, HTC Touch 3G, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Touch HD

If your device is not in the list there is no harm in trying anyway. Please report back any success so I can add your device to the list.

Links:
.NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable

Versions:
1.1 Current Version - Should be able to used by most non English roms.
1.0 Removed - First version. English only.
Attached Files
File Type: cab ACR.CAB (331.6 KB, 169 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Re: [6-22-09] Auto Call Recorder v1.1

Just so that it's clear...you can't get into trouble for recording your OWN conversationa. Putting it on your girlfriends PPC would be a different story...lol

Anyway, thanks for this! I can't wait to put it on my girlfriend's PPC. heh j/k

-Touche'
Old 08-14-2009, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Arrow Auto Call Recorder v1.2.1 & v1.2.2 Now Available.

UPDATE:
August 14, 2009

The following new versions from Slothie, who is the Developer, are now available:
v1.2.1
v1.2.2

Here is the link to the thread >>
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536472

I just spoke with Slothie and it's no problem to post the new cabs over here >>
Attached Files
ACR Version 1.2.1.CAB (359.4 KB, 8832 views)
ACR Version 1.2.2.CAB (360.4 KB, 1720 views)

ACR works Great and there is a new version in the works. Enjoy.
Btw, there are some issues with GSM devices, so if you have any ideas as to why, let me know.

@Whosdaman
I hope you don't mind me updating your thread
I have been pretty current regarding info on ACR and have been supporting the thread over at xda, so I thought I would post the current info to get people interested in this software, as I think it can be useful to alot of people who have a need for this type of application.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin

Last edited by Biker1; 10-26-2009 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Update
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I have not tried 1.2.2 yet, 1.2.1 worked great! Just could not hear the caller's voice. That means it didn't work any better than the others. Just tried - same quality as before with a Sprint Touch Pro.

Last edited by BenC; 08-15-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
I have not tried 1.2.2 yet, 1.2.1 worked great! Just could not hear the caller's voice. That means it didn't work any better than the others. Just tried - same quality as before with a Sprint Touch Pro.
Did not hear of any issues with Sprint Touch Pro which is CDMA.You can take a look at the thread I linked to see what the issue may be.
Post #183 may be of some help.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

Exclamation Guide to State and Federal Telephone Recording Laws

Here is a reference guide to the Call Recording Laws in all 50 States.
It is only a reference, and as the site says, check to verify the laws yourself.
The guide also discusses the Federal Laws.
Please check the Laws in your prospective Countries.

http://www.google.com/m/url?cd=5&cha...In-Smv_m3Z4L4g
Old 08-16-2009, 03:50 AM
Almost a VIP

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Looked at that ages ago and not a concern here. I had it going all day and it is barely audible. Again though, I am using the stock ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
Did not hear of any issues with Sprint Touch Pro which is CDMA.You can take a look at the thread I linked to see what the issue may be.
Post #183 may be of some help.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:06 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
Looked at that ages ago and not a concern here. I had it going all day and it is barely audible. Again though, I am using the stock ROM.
If anything comes up, I'll let you know.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Almost a VIP

Ok. It is recording my side without a hitch and there is no slow down at all. This is the one feature that Palm excelled in.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Almost a VIP

I reinstalled it last night on the TP2 and it worked just fine. This morning it records nothing. This is with 1.2.2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software