PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It works great in Opera Mobile for me. It doesn't format properly due to Opera's silly compression methods, and for some reason my invisable hit counter shows as a link O_o, but it deff works great. You may need to soft reset for it to work with Opera after you set 'MMS Protocol' in TCPMP.

I can't get it to work with Opera Mini (the Java app), but that is expected
Old 08-13-2007, 11:44 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I followed the directions and this install caused a shell collapse causing my Mogul to do a internally commanded hard reset. BEWARE backup before trying this there is a problem. I didn't
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Outstanding work. I have been following the threads over at xda about zbop's (and others) work being stolen. That is a trip. For anyone who wants a good laugh, spend time reading through this thread. It is worth it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319226

Now, again praise on your site. It works smoothly and is setup with the cabs nicely to let just about anyone jump right in.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 08-13-2007, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpmwr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Big D5, which one of the 2 downloads caused the Forced Hard Reset? I'm really sorry that happened, I have never seen that, and there are reports on Treo Contral / WMExperts of atleast 30 users installing these both with no issues like that.

colonel: thanks for the support! The reason I did this was mainly because at the time there were still minor glitches with zbop's YouTube CAB (which he has fix, I tested his new cab today, it's GREAT stuff) and because YouTube was just really too bulky for my mogul as it is for other WiMo devices. Glad to see you like it!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Oh, one thing I am seeing is an annoying nag screen the pops up in PIE after selecting a video to watch.

Quote:
Running a system command on this item might be unsafe. Do you wish to continue?
Not sure if this is on your end, but I do not remember seeing it before using other methods of watching youtube with TCPMP. Again, not the biggest issue, but I am sure you will get more questions that you want to deal with about it.

Big D, that is strange. I have yet to see any thing like that.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

colonel: That is actually due to Microsoft's coding. It is because I am using the mms:// command. I have tried a ton of solutions with no luck, I even sat down with zbop today and tried to figure a work around for that. I am probably going to change my links over to directly point to youtube and let his script open them seamlessly once his new version comes out and is tested and reported fully working. Untill then I am stuck with this mether, which does give that warning, but is confirmed 100% working with all videos.

edit:
fatlard: All the links you asked about are now there. I had a bit of free time tonight!
Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmwr
Big D5, which one of the 2 downloads caused the Forced Hard Reset? I'm really sorry that happened, I have never seen that, and there are reports on Treo Contral / WMExperts of atleast 30 users installing these both with no issues like that.

colonel: thanks for the support! The reason I did this was mainly because at the time there were still minor glitches with zbop's YouTube CAB (which he has fix, I tested his new cab today, it's GREAT stuff) and because YouTube was just really too bulky for my mogul as it is for other WiMo devices. Glad to see you like it!
Here is the play by play, went through your step by step, I did not load TCPMP because I already had it installed. I installed the FLV plug in and soft reset. I didn’t notice anything different at this point, I completed all the TCPMP changes than opened PIE searched New and tried to play one of the choices. I got an error MMS Protocol not supported I checked TCPMP settings and the box was checked. I thought maybe another soft reset maybe something didn’t take. When my Mogul came back weather panel was blank and phone alarm had changed skins. I started playing around with settings in these programs but all the settings default skins everything was gone. Weird so I soft reset again on rebuild I got a dialog box saying Mobil Shell has collapsed Windows Mobile is attempting repair. Windows Mobile automatically began a hard reset, I have never seen this before. I have everything rebuilt at this time and I will back up and then try to reproduce this error later tonight. Do you have any Idea what happened?
Old 08-14-2007, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fatlard is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmwr
colonel:

edit:
fatlard: All the links you asked about are now there. I had a bit of free time tonight!
Thank you for all your hard work. I spent some time watching videos while driving today... very nice. but dangerous

I still do have that problem with Opera though. I am getting this error

"The address type is unknown or unsupported mms://74.125.10.31/get_video?video_id=1dmVU08zVpA
Old 08-14-2007, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Big D5: What version of TCPMP did you have installed? I should have been more specific on the site to mention this only works with 0.72RC1. That might have been the cause if you were using an older version, or maybe 0.82B2

fatlard: What version of Opera are you using? I am using 'Opera 8.65 for Windows Mobile [Beta] (2493)' and it works better then in PIE. (I still use PIE anyways though :-p)
Old 08-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Lurker

xanbo is a n00b
exciting! I'm going to give this a try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software