PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

garpttsr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to garpttsr Send a message via Yahoo to garpttsr
Question Software to play MP3 to caller.

Hello all,

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, i searched but didn't find anything. I was looking for a software that would play a predetermined MP3 to a caller either based on caller ID, or manual launch. I have need of playing a pre-recorded statement to particular people that call. I have them all grouped and cataloged. Darn press people. IS there such a software that exists, either pay or free (preferred) for this function? I know that the in-call recorder is out there, so something kind of the reverse.

Well, thanks again for any help you can offer.
Windows mobile 6.1
HTC Touch Pro
Stock ROM (for the moment)
Old 06-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Software to play MP3 to caller.

I dont believe that is any software on your device can control that. You are thinking of something called call tones.
If you're referring to the music your callers hear while waiting for you to answer the question is no thats something thats done on the network side of sprint similar to voicemail.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

You could always record whatever it is you want played as your outgoing voicemail message. But sound quality over voice channel is lower than low! Might be best to upload your MP3 at some Web space, FTP server, or such, and just text desired persons the URL so they can listen with quality earphones or a good stereo system.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: ATT

bennyj77 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpttsr View Post
Hello all,

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, i searched but didn't find anything. I was looking for a software that would play a predetermined MP3 to a caller either based on caller ID, or manual launch. I have need of playing a pre-recorded statement to particular people that call. I have them all grouped and cataloged. Darn press people. IS there such a software that exists, either pay or free (preferred) for this function? I know that the in-call recorder is out there, so something kind of the reverse.

Well, thanks again for any help you can offer.
Windows mobile 6.1
HTC Touch Pro
Stock ROM (for the moment)
It doesn't play while the phone is ringing, but I use YouMail. Totally Free! It has tons of greetings. You can assign greeting to any number. It even has a Smart Greeting Feature which has a computer voice(female) refer to caller by name(using the caller id of their phone). Has professional and funny greetings. You can also upload or record your own.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyj77 View Post
It doesn't play while the phone is ringing, but I use YouMail. Totally Free! It has tons of greetings. You can assign greeting to any number. It even has a Smart Greeting Feature which has a computer voice(female) refer to caller by name(using the caller id of their phone). Has professional and funny greetings. You can also upload or record your own.
I like youmail but it relys on the missed call forwarding feature which costs you $$$ in certain networks. If you (OP) have verizon its free but if you are with Sprint its like 29 cents per call. the youmail site lists which carriers charge you...
Old 06-16-2009, 07:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

garpttsr is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to garpttsr Send a message via Yahoo to garpttsr

i have looked at youmail, and the cost per call is a bit excessive since i get between 5 and 10 of these calls per day. that could add up quick. i was looking more for something that after you answer the call, you run X app and then can play an audio file to them. so i could have a pre-recorded statement for these press-hounds, maybe one for my boss too. (chuckle). i have not found anything that fits the bill. sometimes i need to play a voicemail recording to a caller, i would rather not send them the mp3 if i can avoid it. right now i am playing it on my pc, when available, and laying the phone down on the speaker. not the clearest.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software