PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Software to play MP3 to caller. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71746)

garpttsr 06-15-2009 04:56 PM

Software to play MP3 to caller.

Hello all,

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, i searched but didn't find anything. I was looking for a software that would play a predetermined MP3 to a caller either based on caller ID, or manual launch. I have need of playing a pre-recorded statement to particular people that call. I have them all grouped and cataloged. Darn press people. IS there such a software that exists, either pay :twisted: or free :) (preferred) for this function? I know that the in-call recorder is out there, so something kind of the reverse.

Well, thanks again for any help you can offer.
Windows mobile 6.1
HTC Touch Pro
Stock ROM :protest: (for the moment)

Hypnotic2010 06-15-2009 05:17 PM

Re: Software to play MP3 to caller.

I dont believe that is any software on your device can control that. You are thinking of something called call tones.
If you're referring to the music your callers hear while waiting for you to answer the question is no thats something thats done on the network side of sprint similar to voicemail.

MrGoodtunes 06-15-2009 05:27 PM

You could always record whatever it is you want played as your outgoing voicemail message. But sound quality over voice channel is lower than low! Might be best to upload your MP3 at some Web space, FTP server, or such, and just text desired persons the URL so they can listen with quality earphones or a good stereo system.

bennyj77 06-15-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garpttsr (Post 976716)
Hello all,

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, i searched but didn't find anything. I was looking for a software that would play a predetermined MP3 to a caller either based on caller ID, or manual launch. I have need of playing a pre-recorded statement to particular people that call. I have them all grouped and cataloged. Darn press people. IS there such a software that exists, either pay :twisted: or free :) (preferred) for this function? I know that the in-call recorder is out there, so something kind of the reverse.

Well, thanks again for any help you can offer.
Windows mobile 6.1
HTC Touch Pro
Stock ROM :protest: (for the moment)

It doesn't play while the phone is ringing, but I use YouMail. Totally Free! It has tons of greetings. You can assign greeting to any number. It even has a Smart Greeting Feature which has a computer voice(female) refer to caller by name(using the caller id of their phone). Has professional and funny greetings. You can also upload or record your own.

mikenerd 06-16-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennyj77 (Post 976948)
It doesn't play while the phone is ringing, but I use YouMail. Totally Free! It has tons of greetings. You can assign greeting to any number. It even has a Smart Greeting Feature which has a computer voice(female) refer to caller by name(using the caller id of their phone). Has professional and funny greetings. You can also upload or record your own.

I like youmail but it relys on the missed call forwarding feature which costs you $$$ in certain networks. If you (OP) have verizon its free but if you are with Sprint its like 29 cents per call. the youmail site lists which carriers charge you...

garpttsr 06-16-2009 07:10 AM

i have looked at youmail, and the cost per call is a bit excessive since i get between 5 and 10 of these calls per day. that could add up quick. i was looking more for something that after you answer the call, you run X app and then can play an audio file to them. so i could have a pre-recorded statement for these press-hounds, maybe one for my boss too. (chuckle). i have not found anything that fits the bill. sometimes i need to play a voicemail recording to a caller, i would rather not send them the mp3 if i can avoid it. right now i am playing it on my pc, when available, and laying the phone down on the speaker. not the clearest.