PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Audio Player with Resume?

I'm looking for a decent audio player that has a resume function.

I've been using Pocket Player, but I've found that often times (maybe after a soft reset?) the podcast I was listening to loses it's saved place and starts over from the start. That's begun to really frustrate me.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work
Re: Audio Player with Resume?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
I'm looking for a decent audio player that has a resume function.

I've been using Pocket Player, but I've found that often times (maybe after a soft reset?) the podcast I was listening to loses it's saved place and starts over from the start. That's begun to really frustrate me.

Any suggestions?
Are these podcasts streaming or downloaded? Just curious. I bought PocketMusic quite a while ago but don't use it much lately. One reason I bought it was that it had a full bookmark feature so I could have several downloaded casts "active" and be able to leave a bookmark and restart each where I left off.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

They are downloaded podcasts.

Does the pocket music bookmark feature work well? Do you manually have to bookmark it or does it just remember where it last was? I think I'd much prefer the later.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:57 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

op, check your pm please.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
They are downloaded podcasts.

Does the pocket music bookmark feature work well? Do you manually have to bookmark it or does it just remember where it last was? I think I'd much prefer the later.
It has an option that you can turn on or off to automatically remember where you were and restart from there when you come back. The bookmarks feature adds the ability to store multiple restart spots and select from them. So you could have a bookmark for the book you are listening to as well as the music playlist as well as your downloaded podcast and select from them.

There is a free player which may have the auto restart. The bookmarks are a feature of the $19.95 upgrade. http://www.pocketmind.com/pocketmusic.htm

The free S2P was fairly good as simply restarting from where left off as I recall.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
It has an option that you can turn on or off to automatically remember where you were and restart from there when you come back.
Do you know which option this is? I just tried playing a podcast and forwarding myself to the middle. Then I stopped it, played a song, then reloaded the podcast and it started at the beginning again.

What do I have to have it set to automatically resume my place in a file, when I come back to that file?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Do you know which option this is? I just tried playing a podcast and forwarding myself to the middle. Then I stopped it, played a song, then reloaded the podcast and it started at the beginning again.

What do I have to have it set to automatically resume my place in a file, when I come back to that file?
Do you have the latest version 5.3 or so? Menu->Player Settings->Player Startup->Continue from last position on startup.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yes, I have 5.3 and see that option now.

That allows it to keep the same place when I close the player and restart it, but I don't see if there's a way to keep my place when switching files, then switching back.

I'm starting to think that's not there automatically, but I could use the bookmark feature for that.

Anything I'm still missing?

I do like this player so far.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Yes, I have 5.3 and see that option now.

That allows it to keep the same place when I close the player and restart it, but I don't see if there's a way to keep my place when switching files, then switching back.

I'm starting to think that's not there automatically, but I could use the bookmark feature for that.

Anything I'm still missing?

I do like this player so far.
Sorry I must have crossed your wires or falied to explain myself. That's what I was trying to say: if you just want it to remember where you left off and restart there when you come back *into the player* then the free version and the option should do that. But then most players "should" do that though sometimes they screw up.

If you need to stop in mid-file, switch files then come back to the first file and restart, THAT'S when you need the bookmark feature of PM.

What I don't like about PM is the basic interface: locating and opening files, worrying about playlists, etc. That's why I haven't used it lately at all except for when I wanted to use bookmarks or internet streaming.

I see they say 5.3 is supposed to be more finger-friendly but I'm not seeing it yet.

*edit* I guess that's because I seem to still be running 5.2. Looking into that...

Last edited by JonV; 06-12-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

12gage is a n00b

I use PocketPlayer, bookmarks/auto resume/playlist support/displays albumart, the best for podcasts

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software