PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Restoring my Sprite to a friends phone?

I have a sprint TP on Verizon and my buddy is getting a Sprint TP on Sprint. He wants to set his phone up like mine and I am wondering if I can just give him a backup after he buys Sprite. Will that work? FYI: He is not looking to get free progams that I paid for. I only have AEButton anyway. I don't know it would work anyway or cause problems....hence my question.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:54 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Restoring my Sprite to a friends phone?

It might work, but will be very buggy if it does. My experience with Sprite is that it doesn't like to work across different ROMs, including different Sprint upgrades. I think going from Verizon to Sprint (or vice versa) would just cause problems.

If I were you I would just point your friend to all of the programs you have installed in addition to xda developers and ppcgeeks. That way your friend can learn all about the phone and programs while in the process of setting up their phone to be just like or similar to yours.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
It might work, but will be very buggy if it does. My experience with Sprite is that it doesn't like to work across different ROMs, including different Sprint upgrades. I think going from Verizon to Sprint (or vice versa) would just cause problems.

If I were you I would just point your friend to all of the programs you have installed in addition to xda developers and ppcgeeks. That way your friend can learn all about the phone and programs while in the process of setting up their phone to be just like or similar to yours.
I think you are right. He should have the the pleasure of having to hard reset at 3AM after installing an untested free ware like the rest of us. Thats half the fun. Sage advice. thanks
Old 05-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

What I did between my Diamond and b/f's Pro is made a folder of all the programs/cabs I currently had installed... (known to workI did all this from looking at my spbbackup/extract on pc). I then made a list of all the regedits.... compared my original reg backup from ceregedit to the current set on phone. We sat down and chose from what I had looks wise to what he wanted. I checked compatibility ...sometimes guessed... between pro and diamond (same carrier though). We now had a complete folder of installs and a txt of what order I used to accomplish mine... I knew this because of hard resets and what not and having not unlocked my phone I had to always start at the beginning.

So we sat down and spent a few hours making his Pro HIS, using my files/cabs/ideas. It worked nicely and was still his own. Now, when I make changes he can check them out and decide if he wants it too.. like he just now switched to custom fonts when I had them since the beginning... now he says.. hey I want to try that.!

BrennB

Last edited by eenieMINI; 05-31-2009 at 12:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the advice. the only problem is he's in another state. I think I may just have hime send me his SD card and put my cabs on it and send it back.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

there's that. But then how would he know he wants the phone like yours is set? Sned him to this forum and show him around so he can choose...
Old 06-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
there's that. But then how would he know he wants the phone like yours is set? Sned him to this forum and show him around so he can choose...

Ha! this is a good question...and it made me chuckle. I guess because I have convinced him to get this phone from months of text messages like, "Dude! I am on the bike at the gym watching last nights game while doing push to talk with Toby in Australia, updating my facebook and twitter and performing heartt surgery over skype." He just wants me to do all the work for him I guess... I'm going to send him here.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Still a Geek

All that hype! Did you tell him about the water damage from all the sweat from the work you created? LOL
Old 06-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
All that hype! Did you tell him about the water damage from all the sweat from the work you created? LOL
ha ha. nice
Old 06-07-2009, 11:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

The Twizted Guy is a n00b

How about just backing up the cabs you are using in a special "Filez" folder on your Microcard and just going from there? Or back them up on your pc. Once you install the programs on their phone, they can make their phone theirs by doing their own customizing.

JE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software